PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Loader's

Baldy
05-16-2006, 06:37 PM
:confused: I thought there was going to be some people on this site that was interested in reloading?:rolleyes: Seems they are few and far between. There's not many talking about anything???:confused:

versifier
05-16-2006, 11:21 PM
It's growing. Not the biggest site, but there's some good people who visit here. Just keep plugging away at it and you'll get some good feedback here.

Oldbushman
05-17-2006, 12:12 AM
Feel free to ask away or post any thing that you want to disscuss & we'll do our bst to answer you :-D

Dave

Baldy
05-17-2006, 06:37 PM
:) Fair enough as I do have a little problem. I am loading with a Dillion Square Deal B press and I am loading 38's,357's&45's. Ever once in a while one of the primers will turn sideways or that's the way they come out. I have ajusted the screw in and out many times but doesn't seem to make any difference. Has anybody run into this. Any help will get many thanks..

Shoot fast make one hole...:)

kodiak1
05-17-2006, 08:01 PM
:violin: Can't help you with the Dillion , but I have shoved a couple primers into 357 brass with my Lee hand primer and the damn things never even went off. Just about put a stain in my shorts when I finally got the first one out of the shell holder and realized what had happened.
Ken:violin:

Baldy
05-17-2006, 08:47 PM
:mrgreen: Well I'll play with it for a while longer and then I am going to call their cutomer service. Everybody says their the best there is. I'll fine out. I ran a lot of 100 tonight and I only had one messed up. This is one fine little unit and I am sure it's the operator and not the press.:confused:

Oldbushman
05-17-2006, 11:48 PM
I reckon your best bet is the customer service on this one ! The Dillion is a great unit.
they have a great reputation & I've never had any complaints said of them.

Dave

Baldy
05-20-2006, 08:37 PM
Anybody out there a old wheel gunner like myself? I have one of the last Colt Pythons made in 1978. She still shoots as good as the day the wife gave it to me. That 6" barrel will just reach out there and touch something. It shoots anything I put in her ( Factory hot or cold and reloads). I got a SP 101 Ruger that I use for ccc. That 21/4" barrel makes her kick like a mule if you don't have a good grip on her. My wife just bought a S&W 45 and, man that is a shooter for sure. Anybody else got anything out there.

Shoot fast make one Hole...:mrgreen:

Oldbushman
05-20-2006, 08:52 PM
I'm rather parthial to Single actions myself ! I do own a 686 smith ! I have never really had much use for a semi auto ! Used em back in the dark ages when I was in the Army but I feel (to quote Elmer Kieth ) Their contraptions ! :)No theres something about a wheel gun that give great satisfaction ! To say nothing of not being as fussy about the ammo they digest

Dave

versifier
05-21-2006, 10:59 AM
I do admit to being partial to S&W's, though I like Rugers, too. I do not at this time own any single actions, but I have owned several Blackhawks over the years and enjoyed them thoroughly. Currently I shoot an 8 3/8 m686 which I'm rigging for silhouettes and I carry a prewar snubbie that later became known as the m36.

Baldy
05-23-2006, 03:33 PM
I have only one single action at the time and it's a dual cylinder 22. It's called a New Model Single Six by Ruger. I wouldn't take a G-note for that gun. I bought it back around 1977 and it still looks and shoots like it's brand new. It's taken it's share of critters for the pot. Plus it's just fun to shoot. All my kids and now Grandkids start out with it. I want one of them new Blach Hawks so bad I can taste it but this limited income can't squeese it in right now.:violin:

Shoot Fast make One Hole..:mrgreen:

Oldbushman
05-29-2006, 06:53 AM
My single six would have to be my most used handgun & I love it ! It would'nt take a lot of arm twisting to get another if one came up on the right price as my Lad has claimed it as his own

Dave

Baldy
06-05-2006, 08:18 PM
:fighting58: Hey you guys didn't tell me that I had to sign up for each of the other forms. I know, I know I am slow and old and I am not really tuned into these computer's. Oh well me and Versifier got a good conversation going on one of the other forms anyway.
About fixing my press. I didn't have to call Dillion as the dealer where I bought mind at gave me all the parts I need and offered to put them in for nothing if I brought the press in. They worked like a charm and I am a Happy Hillbilly. He told me if I have anymore trouble to bring it in with about a hour to spare and he would go through the hole thing and fix it all. Can't beat that .:fighting72:

Oldbushman
06-05-2006, 11:22 PM
Now thats what I call good service ! Dealers like that are priceless ! The chap I go to is a haven for us Pro shooters ! I never go there unless I have at least a half a day to waste away drinking coffee & catching up with other Blokes in the trade ! Mind you My Gun Guy has taken a Pledge to keep me Poor & Damn his good at it !:fighting68:
Glad to see that you'vefound your way round the place mate I should have thought to tell you but never thought ! That's how I ended up with three names on the three sites& have never got round to fixing up the problem.

Dave

Baldy
06-06-2006, 07:56 PM
Hi Oldbushman. I seen your mug shot's on the other from's and was wondering why you had different Id's?? I have Odie on one from because I can't get the picture to up load. That's OK because I am just a old dum hound anyway:fighting58: . You guy's are right I am enjoying these froms for sure.

Shoot fast make one Hole..:animal26:

Oldbushman
06-08-2006, 05:42 AM
I am just a old dum hound anyway

Baldy ! Your no Robinson Caruso when it comes to being Dumb with a Puter ! I think I rule the southern Hemisphere with that title:happy36: But since I found these Forums the information I've been able to gleen has been invalueble ! It's nice to be able to comunicate with like minded people all over the world!

Dave

Baldy
06-08-2006, 06:28 AM
:) Yes Sir I agree with you on the information you can get on this site. I know one thing for sure if I lived any where nere Versifier I would sign up for his reloading class. Also I would like to go on a hunt with you and the Grandkids. That would be a blast for sure. Being the Father of 4 girls I have no shortage of Grandkids.

versifier
06-08-2006, 08:20 PM
None of my three girls are quite ready for the grandkids bit yet, but when motivated they are great at helping me figure out how to do new things on the pooter. My oldest will be back from college soon, and she can teach me how to use some new software that has me thoroughly baffled. My teenager really has too active a social life at this point to be much help, and the youngest just wants to fish, shoot, and watch movies when she's not dancing. The only thing that the younger two want with the pooter is to play games (that being the only thing right now that doesn't remind them of schoolwork). My house has kind of become a safe haven for them away from their mother (and for me, too:) ). But when they come and hang out with the old man, it's because they really want to be here, so all the time is quality time. Personally, I think any time I'm not around my :fighting67: ex is quality time :mrgreen: , and they just make it even better.

udaman1
01-31-2009, 09:33 AM
:) Fair enough as I do have a little problem. I am loading with a Dillion Square Deal B press and I am loading 38's,357's&45's. Ever once in a while one of the primers will turn sideways or that's the way they come out. I have ajusted the screw in and out many times but doesn't seem to make any difference. Has anybody run into this. Any help will get many thanks..

Shoot fast make one hole...:)

Baldy,
I am pretty new to reloading so I thought it was something I was doing. I have a new Dillon 550b. The primers were not wanting to seat cleanly and having seen many warnings about blowing them up I was concerned. I checked all my machine adjustments but they were fine. Eventually I caught one messing up and the primer was cocked in the cup. I became very careful when picking up the primers and loading them into the machine and haven't had any more problems.
Pat in Alton...udaman

golddigger
01-31-2009, 11:24 PM
Just bought 2 new pistols. lets say his and hers.
The new s&w m&p 40 and the 40 compact. These things are high quality shooting irons. I have a real good friend that is a lead detective for a local law enforcement and he fell in love with it. Watch out Glock new competition

live laugh love just go shoot
golddigger

Robertbank
02-07-2009, 09:44 AM
Hey Dave I sent you a PM from the other forum. I haven't seen you posting here for some time. Are you still walking on the green side?

If so give us a shout. If not I'll see you eventually on the other side.

Take Care

Bob

tsp45acp
06-02-2012, 07:39 PM
New to this forum, but not new to reloading. Just picked up a Colt Delta Elite a couple months ago, and hopefully will start reloading some 10mm soon. Been reloading 45's since 04/98 and got approx 130K under my belt with those. Love the big bullets.....255lswc'rs work great on bowling pins...especially at +P loads. Tracy