PDA

View Full Version : Dove hunting

dave22250
09-16-2005, 04:26 PM
Hi everyone,
Anyone from sw pa have any good dove hunting spots, I have'nt been seeing to many any where to get me excited about getting out there yet.

Gunload Master
09-16-2005, 04:32 PM
Welcome to the new board :)

I am hopefully going out this weekend to do a little Dove hunting, need to get my dog back into it (chasing mice around the house just isnt doing it for him anymore).

Good luck finding a good spot! I hope it happens.

C1PNR
12-18-2005, 07:12 PM
Well, did either of you get out and bust a few caps? The last time I shot Doves was in Texas! I was there on business and some folks invited me to go hunting. What a HOOT!! This was just about an hours drive East of San Angelo.

I popped a lot of caps, and even got a few Doves! Man, what a good time! It's also a good way to remind yourself about humility! Lots of shooting, a few birds in the pot.:D

Hope you both got to go out, at least.

versifier
12-18-2005, 11:55 PM
It's too bad we can't hunt them up here, because you could use a rock. They have no fear at all of humans and my dad has to shoo them away to fill up his feeder. They come in flocks of thirty to forty. Somehow the farm cat manages to get a few for the freezer every year, though there are occasional pellets in them. :rolleyes: