PDA

View Full Version : Memorial .303 shoot for a Old friend

Oldbushman
05-29-2006, 06:40 AM
I got a great piece of news today ! Just before Xmas we lost a dear Friend to many & a True Mate within the Shooting Faturnity ! He was a man who would love the thought of a .303 compertition ,but blush in as much as it's in his honour ! His daughter rang me today to ask me if I would attend & I did'nt hessitate in answering yes ! Of course there was the "small print":shock: There will be a seperate section for Pro shooters :violin: As she said that "Dad" always said that you mob of crooks had found every way known to Man or beast to cheat !!!!!!!! So it is only fitting that you blokes shoot in your own class !!!! .................Charlie ! I know your watchng over us but Mate ! Did you have to tell ya daughter about us not being strictly fair when it comes to a compertition??????? Needless to say I'm looking forward to catching up with blokes I have'nt shot with for years

Dave

versifier
05-29-2006, 09:30 AM
Bummer about your friend. The downside of life is that it's always fatal. It sounds like the best kind of memorial "service" I ever heard of. Excellent idea. Too bad I'm on the other side of the planet.

Oldbushman
05-29-2006, 05:52 PM
Belive me when I say it was a blessing! The day before Charlie passed over .We took him out for the day & he had to be on oxygen ! I did'nt reconise him to begin with as he'd aged over night!!!! He was able to get off the oxygen long enough to have a couple of shots ! He never complained about his condition ,only the Fact that we were a mob of Cheating so & so's :fighting58: !!!!! One of lifes True Gentlemen of the Old school ! ( also one of the greatest cheats when it came to shooting against other Pro shooters :) But he was always there to give advise to a novice )

Dave