PDA

View Full Version : Hello all!

nationaldefenders
12-29-2004, 11:14 AM
My name is Joe Butner and I currently am attending Benedictine College in Atchison, KS. I served 10 yrs in the Marine Corps (88-98) and have since worked as a Fleet Manager with J.B. Hunt, Director of Operations with Blish-Mize Distribution Co., and now a simple husband, father of 3, and a student of Psychology. I opened a Self Defense web store in 2004 as a hobby and hopefully part time income while I attend college: http://www.nationaldefenders.com.

Take a look at my site and tell me what you think. Always looking for advice/criticism. lol!

CEO
12-29-2004, 12:14 PM
Honestly it amazes me how far Airsoft rifles have come. I always used those little brown pump action guns to shoot squirrels. At a convention we had here in Idaho a year back, there was a booth with an individual who brought all sorts of Airsoft guns and some of them ranged from 2,000 to 3,000 dollars.

Personally, I think your site looks good, and you do have a lot of products for sale. If you would like to add more products to my classified ads, please be my guest. I believe I worked out all the image displaying bugs, so all the images should work good..

CEO
12-30-2004, 10:20 PM
Are those air rifles pretty accurate?

nationaldefenders
12-30-2004, 11:10 PM
There not too bad. The ones I sell are not as powerful or accurate as the 2000 or 3000 dollar ones mentioned before but are great for the novice or just having fun. They use a 6mm .12 gram plastic bb or a .20 gram premium bb and of course a 6mm paintball. It's amazing how real they look expecially the pistols. They are made of metal and are a 1:1 ratio with the real thing. If you took off the orange marking on the end you would not readily know the difference.

To answer your question the .20 gram bb is more accurate in that it is heavier and is less effected by the wind. The same with the paintballs. The .12 gram bb is lighter and tends to curve if there is any wind but shoots out at about 240 fps.

CEO
12-30-2004, 11:28 PM
Yea I think these would be fun to toy around with.
I was just looking at the M16A4 rifle. How do the BB's get loaded? Is it via the clip or backend?

nationaldefenders
12-30-2004, 11:45 PM
The bb's are loaded in the magazine. It holds about 20 bb's that you push down onto a spring just like the real thing and on the bottom of the magazine there is a compartment you can slide open and store about 50 or so spares. I bought my boy one of those rifles and they are pretty neat. I served 10 years in the marines and know what i'm talking about when I say they resemble the m-16 pretty well. It has a detachable dual blue led light on top of the front hand guard and a detachable laser site on the side of the the hand guard with a small trigger on the front hand grip. The laser is visible from pretty far away. Also, the rear stock is adjustable in length and is removable. Pretty neat gun.

CEO
12-30-2004, 11:52 PM
I might have to save up a bit of money and purchase one of these.