PDA

View Full Version : cowboy humour.

4fingermick
06-18-2006, 03:00 AM
I heard an old cowboy joke on another board some time ago, it went like this:

'What did the cowboy say when his horse ran over the hill?'

Ans: 'There goes my hoss.'

Didn't get much of a chuckle from me, but when I went down to the local club for dinner, I bumped into Noel Sargeant (65 yr old horsebreaker, still works full time) and an 85 yr old retired drover (aussie cowboy) who worked full time on horseback until he was 68. I told them the joke and they laughed and laughed. I had to get the old guy a drink of water as he was about to choke. It really pressed their buttons.

I also told it to a guy at work who comes from a family that have been farming and grazing (ranching to you guys) for generations and he used to muster stock in the rough country they owned on horseback. He nearly wet himself, he thought that it was the funniest thing he had heard in years. Everytime we crossed paths for the next few weeks, he'd smile and say 'there goes my horse' and then crack up.

Maybe their lives were simpler and they had had a hoss run off on them and had to walk home. Anyway try it on some old cowboy, I'm sure they'll understand.

Mick. :)

Oldbushman
06-18-2006, 09:22 PM
Mate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's cruel I just lost my coffee all over the screen ! Would'nt be the first time I've been sitting on the ground .Whilst watching a horse (that moments before I'd been mounted on ) Heading for home at approx the speed of light ! THis is th Beaut thing about using a Bike to muster ! You can go over & kick it several times ,after you've come off as it has'nt gone anywhere !!!!!!:fighting72:

Dave

Vegas Vince
07-10-2006, 04:00 PM
Three persons sitting at the airport waiting for a flight. One American Indian, a Moslem, and a Cowboy.

The Indian looks at the Moslem and the Cowboy and says, ?Once we were many and now we are few.?

The Moslem looks and the Cowboy and the Indian and say ?Once we were few but now we are many?.

The Cowboy looks at both of them and shifts a toothpick from one side of his mouth to the other and says to the Moslem ?That?s only because we have not played Cowboys and Moslems yet". :fighting68:

Vegas Vince

Baldy
07-10-2006, 08:19 PM
I am with you on that one V.Vince. Now that's what I am talking about.:happy13:

Baldy
07-10-2006, 08:22 PM
Hey Oldbushman good to see you back. I hope the hunt went well and you made a ton of money.:)