PDA

View Full Version : Severe Fowling in my Contender

versifier
06-23-2006, 05:57 PM
I have been experiencing some fowling problems in my Contender and it's getting serious.

Baldy
06-24-2006, 08:55 PM
Whats wrong with that fine looking peice there Versifier? Is it the loads fouling it up or what? Always wanted a Contender but like everything else I put it off to long.:)

versifier
06-25-2006, 11:36 AM
The problem was fowling, not fouling. :p While I was cleaning her .22, my youngest decorated it with her feather collection. :) It's probably my favorite all around firearm and has never given me a bit of grief. While it doesn't conceal very well, for target and hunting I'm convinced there is no better nor more versatile platform, except its bigger brother the Encore. I think everyone should have at least one or the other and both if possible. But as far as she's concerned, it's black and ugly and needed some prettying up. But if I put some nice walnut on it, once she shoots it she'll fall in love with it and I'll never see it again. Oh well. She's still a few years from graduation, so I guess I better start saving. Hmmm. Three carbine barrels, walnut stocks and forends for both, whatever handgun barrels she takes a fancy to in the mean time... I'll have to make her a custom case for it all, too... maybe I'll have visitation rights....

Baldy
06-25-2006, 04:11 PM
:happy13: Iam getting a good laugh out this one. Have a good day.. Charlie