PDA

View Full Version : Texas feller joining up!

HondoJohn
07-09-2006, 08:08 AM
A good mornin' to y'all! Looks to be a most interesting forum with a lot of folks from all parts of the world.

Been shooting/reloading for better than 45 years and my favorite caliber is the 6.5mm bore. I had a one man shop for about 7 years in Hondo, Texas, sold my property and moved to my cousin's cattle ranch in Llano county, Texas. Plan on having a small shop here in the not too far distant future. I build hunting rifles and primarily use the ol 98 Mauser as the action of choice.

Look forward to sharing info/knowledge with the folks here. I will be 64 this coming November and still learning about most everything.

Best regards,

Ol' John

C1PNR
07-09-2006, 11:09 AM
Howdy John, and welcome! A little slow on this site today, but most of the folks are probably out shooting. I'm dealing with a gout problem in my R big toe so hanging close to home.

I used to travel on business in Texas and met a heck of a lot of really good folks there. Even did a little Dove shooting with some of them. I was invited on a hog hunt, but was unable to attend. Later I heard one of the guys hunted with his M1A, including BAYONET! If his 20 round magazine didn't get the job done, it was going to be cold steel and no quarter given! Kind of wish I could have been there, but sometimes I'm glad I wasn't.:animal25:

kodiak1
07-13-2006, 09:58 AM
Hello John from Western Canada.
Good sight and good people.
Ken:animal26: