PDA

View Full Version : New to the board

Amy
09-24-2006, 08:50 AM
Hi people,

I'm a heavily opinionated conservative commercial bullet caster from Texas. You don't want to get me started on certain subjects.

I live in a 25 ft. 5th wheel trailer parked inside a huge steel building outside the tiny town of Ranger Texas with Buddy the noteworthy dog and Sammy the obstreporous cat.

I handload 1000 rounds of M2 ball at a time, and can produce up to 20,000 cast bullets in a day.

I'm a garand freak. I have two, because I've not gotten three yet.

Amy

props
09-24-2006, 08:07 PM
Hi Amy!

I just joined also, welcome to you! Sounds like you're a true shooter to me. I hate liberals with a passion as do most shooters I know.

I have owned two Garands, sold them due to four eye surgeries and having to be careful about recoil. Loved those rifles though. One was a WWII issue SA and one was one of the last NM jobs built.

What are you using to cast that many bullets? I assume you are doing it commercially? I love to cast bullets on those cold winter days.

Cheers,

Phil

dale clawson
09-25-2006, 08:05 AM
Amy, welcome to the board! Good to see a fellow Texan posting. I don't cast in the volume you do, but I cast for a variety - rifles, pistols, black powder, shotgun slugs and buckshot.

versifier
09-25-2006, 08:58 AM
Hi Amy,
Welcome to the forum. I'm glad to see you made it over here from next door. It's a little quieter over here, but we've got a good bunch. I have been too busy this summer playing with my Arisaka and a 6.5 Mannlicher and working up some cast hunting loads for my .308 and Contender this fall to dig out the Garand, but it's been waiting patiently in the safe. Winter will probably be in full swing and the range closed by the time deer season ends, but I'm thinking positive.

Baldy
09-25-2006, 12:24 PM
Welcome Amy. Been away awhile myself. Come on in and tell us about Garand rifles. All ways interested in them.

Amy
09-25-2006, 01:43 PM
What are you using to cast that many bullets? I assume you are doing it commercially? I love to cast bullets on those cold winter days.

Cheers,

Phil

Hiya Phil,

I use a Magma Engineering Bulletmaster Mk5 for that. It uses 220 v, and a compressor to run. I also have their Lubemaster with the MA Systems collator on it, which is pretty darn nice to have if you ever had to tube bullets by hand to feed that Lubemaster.

I was set up in California last year, and I had it going on with several retail outlets that I wholesaled to, until some meth users moved into the rental across the street and broke into every house in the neighborhood, and ripped me off for $30,000 in property, then started threatening my life.

The last straw was the MS13 grafitti sprayed on my garage door.

Things went downhill from there, and now I'm scratching by in Texas trying to get going in a new place.

BTW if any of you bought bullets from Huntington's online over the last couple three years it was my work. I did all their specialty casting and bulk bullets.

Also, that's my dog Buddy in my avatar.

Amy

props
09-25-2006, 06:05 PM
Hey Amy, your dog Buddy looks like a winner. I have a Beagle right now, named Bogie, for Humphrey Bogart. Guess I've had dogs most of my life. My wife has two cats also.

What kind of .30 caliber bullets do you make and what alloy do you use? What lube? Always interested in a source for good shooting cast bullets in case I just don't feel like making them any more. I could use a good source for .314 pistol bullets (SWC) in the 90/115 grain range.

This is really turning out to be a great site! Glad I found it!

Cheers all,

Phil

kodiak1
09-25-2006, 06:48 PM
Amy welcome aboard and Hello from Western Canada.
Ken:fighting58:

Amy
09-27-2006, 05:39 AM
Hey Amy, your dog Buddy looks like a winner. I have a Beagle right now, named Bogie, for Humphrey Bogart. Guess I've had dogs most of my life. My wife has two cats also.

What kind of .30 caliber bullets do you make and what alloy do you use? What lube? Always interested in a source for good shooting cast bullets in case I just don't feel like making them any more. I could use a good source for .314 pistol bullets (SWC) in the 90/115 grain range.

This is really turning out to be a great site! Glad I found it!

Cheers all,

Phil

Well I don't make .30 caliber or rifle bullets for sale anymore because I'd have to hand cast them, and hand casting just doesn't make it on a commercial scale. It's far too time consuming when you are running a shop by yourself with no help.

The bullet I make for my garands is a 130 grain gas checked spire point, and it works great. I load this with 35.5 grains of IMR 4895, and it cycles the action smartly. It's also quite accurate.

Oldbushman
10-29-2006, 09:14 PM
G'day Miz Amy! Nice to see a Young lady in the site (esp a bullet caster ) Probarly means I'm going to have to clean my act up & wear a shirt when I'm on the Puter ! As it is my wife insists i wear one to work !

Dave