PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Indiana

props
09-24-2006, 08:14 PM
Good evening all,

My name is Phil and I'm from Indiana. I have been shooting since 1947 and handloading since 1956. I cast bullets for calibers from 6.5mm to 45 but only in the winter when its too cold to be outdoors doing something.

I competed with rifles for 31 years, mostly in High Power (both Service Rifle and Match Rifle), shot a few benchrest matches, and ASSRA matches for a few years. Also shot some pistol matches when I was a pup.

I also write aviation history articles, am a jeweler, and also a computer junkie, photographer with my own darkroom, and I love to read and shoot the breeze about shooting and flying. I used to own an airplane too.

Looks like a nice web site, lots of friendly folks, so I guess I'll pull up a chair and sit a spell.

Cheers all,

Phil

dale clawson
09-25-2006, 08:00 AM
Welcome to the board, Phil. This is a great place.

versifier
09-25-2006, 09:02 AM
Hi Phil,
Welcome. We've got a good crew here and you should be right at home. We've been a little slow lately, but it's picking up now that the kids are all back in school and we (hopefull) have some more time for surfing.

Baldy
09-25-2006, 12:31 PM
Welcome Props. I lived in the great state of Indiana for about 9 years. We lived up in the far north east corner. A little town called Angola. Good deer hunting and bass fishing. Now I am stuck in a dang swamp down here in Florida.

props
09-25-2006, 05:57 PM
Hi Baldy,

Heck we were practically neighbors! I hail from Huntington. My daughter lived in Auburn for most of her younger years, and my good buddy (who oddly now lives in Florida) lived on Hamilton lake! My folks used to have a cottage on Archer lake near Coldwater, Michigan and we used to go through Angola before they built I 69.

There are lots of deer hereabouts, and the fishing is still pretty good although not as good as it was when I was a pup.

Good to hear from you all, makes a guy feel welcome for sure.

Good shooting,

Phil

kodiak1
09-25-2006, 06:46 PM
hello props welcome from Western Canada.
Ken.:animal26:

props
09-25-2006, 07:33 PM
Hi Kodiak1,

Always good to hear from the Canadian contingent. One of my best buddies lives on Vancouver Island.

I am a devout Ross fan, currently shooting a Mk III that was liberated from the factory when it closed. Brand new barrelled action that was put in a cut down military stock. Shoots great with the Lyman 314299!

Now I'm looking for a M10 Sporter 280. Don't know if it would be a good cast bullet gun but they sure are a handsome rifle!

Cheers,

Phil

Oldbushman
10-29-2006, 09:29 PM
G'day Prop welcome aboard great to see new faces around the Place !

Dave