PDA

View Full Version : Political nonsense

props
09-30-2006, 06:53 PM
Hi,

I would like to see a dedicated political forum for those who choose to discuss politics here. I have no desire to discuss politics and I don't like to click on a thread about shooting or reloading only to see it instantly turn into a lot of political rants. I joined this site to discuss SHOOTING AND RELOADING. If I had wanted to read someones politcial views I'd have joined a political forum. The thread on what happened to Winchester turned me off completely.

Cheers,

Phil

Gunload Master
10-01-2006, 08:33 AM
Which winchester thread was it?

Oldbushman
10-30-2006, 10:29 PM
Props . I agree with you 100% on this ! I don't associate with people all that much due to both the locations I choose to live & work in & the nature of my work . I've always found the easiest way to blunber through life is to adeare to the Old Rule of The British Armies Officers Mess ........Religion & Politics were banned & a Ladies name was never mentioned ! To me a Shooting Forum is just that ,a place to exchange information & have a laugh .

Dave

Deathwind
10-31-2006, 09:56 PM
Couldn't agree with you more.I'am sick and tired of some hunting/shooting sites that do nothing else but bitch and whine about politics.:fighting68:

versifier
11-01-2006, 09:00 AM
I imagine the fact that most of it is American politics can be even more exasperating for you guys. They send me enough junk mail about it so that I can keep on top of it when I need to, though it is seldom an issue around here as this is an extremely conservative neck of the woods, (despite steady influx of liberals from the flatlands). As my brother points out, if it ever hits the fan, they'll make a good source of protein. :twisted: I like the idea of an "Only Politics" section, kind of like a spam filter in an easy to ignore format.

Gunload Master
11-05-2006, 04:17 PM
Yea, politics has caused quite a riot on the CB forums before, and with it has come new changes to the boards policy on that. The discussions just get way to heated and feelings get hurt. Have a fun time on the boards, don't get carried away in that stuff!

versifier
11-06-2006, 12:36 PM
Yup, that sounds prudent. The best way to deal with shit on your shoe is not to go stepping in it in the first place. There are always quite a few who seem to want to bring either politics or religion into everything they say and do, not realizing that it alienates most for one reason or another and just about guarantees that whatever positive point they wanted to make will be completely lost to their audience.

Still I hope that doesn't inhibit any of us gunnies from dumping on those specific politicians when they go out of their way to make our lives more difficult, wherever they're lurking. :mrgreen: But also, I think it does Americans a lot of good to be reminded regularly of what is going on in the rest of the world and what our brothers and sisters in arms have to put up with from their governments. It makes us much more appreciative of how lucky we are (unless we live in certain states I won't bother to list ;) ), and serves as a strong reminder of what could happen if we don't keep on top of what's happening here.

Deathwind
11-06-2006, 08:57 PM
One of the canadian hunting /gun sites i belong to occassionally talks about hunting and guns but 98% of the time they just whine about ottawa and i'am sick of hearing about those pencil pushers. O.K. rant over.:fighting68:

Baldy
11-06-2006, 11:32 PM
I am more than fed up with it. One site I go to has turned into a bash this guy and bash the other guy. I come to gun sites to talk about guns not some pencil neck.
Hi Dave and Versifier. I come up almost everyday. I read all you guys post and enjoy them. Seems I am always here when your gone. Have a good day.