PDA

View Full Version : old but newbie....

Forty Rod Ray
10-07-2006, 06:09 PM
Just want to say hi.. I began handloading when I was 15 in 1957. The only thing that I can tell you that I've learned about shooting is that I've never stopped learning.

I just wish we had these computer things back then. By now I would have known exactly how much I had lost farming and building farm equipment But it has been a lot of fun.

Good shooting to all,

Forty Rod

from darkest West Tennessee

Amy
10-08-2006, 08:43 AM
Just want to say hi.. I began handloading when I was 15 in 1957. The only thing that I can tell you that I've learned about shooting is that I've never stopped learning.

I just wish we had these computer things back then. By now I would have known exactly how much I had lost farming and building farm equipment But it has been a lot of fun.

Good shooting to all,

Forty Rod

from darkest West Tennessee

Welcome Rod, it's good to see another old shooter come to the board. I was 3 years old when you started handloading, I'm sure I could learn a lot from you.

Amy
www.prettygoodbullets.com

versifier
10-08-2006, 04:15 PM
Welcome to the forum Rod. Jump on in whenever you have a good thought.

kodiak1
10-08-2006, 05:45 PM
Ray hello from Western Canada, hope to read some of that wisdom you have stored up in them years.
Ken.:fighting58:

Gunload Master
10-12-2006, 05:34 PM
Hey Rod, welcome the forums! make sure to join all three!

Forty Rod Ray
10-12-2006, 06:59 PM
Friends and neighbors,

Thank you for your hospitality. As far as wisom is concerned, if you don't expect too much, you won't be too disapointed.

I have joined all three boards.

V, I agree with you . Thoughts about God are more frequent at my age and condition and they do make me jump.

Miss Amy, I declare, I thought you were much younger.

Warmest regards from darkest West Tennessee,

Forty Rod Ray

dale clawson
10-13-2006, 07:02 PM
Forty Rod Ray: Welcome to the board! What do you load, hunt, shoot? My son who currently lives in Florida is going to be looking at land in your state in the next few weeks, But I realize that Tennesee is a long state, so it may be far from you. Don't know where, was just disappointed it was not going to be Texas.Used to pass through frequently back in the mid 80's, nice looking state. Dale

Oldbushman
10-29-2006, 09:03 PM
G'day from down under Ray ! I hear you on losing money in farming my family are farmers ,I'm the Black sheep of the family I'm a Pro shooter ! (I lose money with style)

Dave