PDA

View Full Version : Exercising the Local Deer

versifier
10-30-2006, 06:31 PM
Well, muzzle loader season in NH started off with an all day Saturday monsoon, but I did get a chance to get out on Sunday with the old Renegade and sit in the sleet for a few hours. Judging by their tracks, the deer all got plenty of exercise, but tracks were all I saw. I will get back out tomorrow if all goes well. Someone has to make sure they get enough exercise - we wouldn't want any fat deer....

Oldbushman
10-30-2006, 09:22 PM
Mate ! I think it's damn fine of you to ensure the well being of those deer & make sure they get their exicise :) I think for the well being of the local herd that it might be a good thing if you were to take one for medical purposes (You know just to check the state of Fat content ,condition of heart & liver ) Good hunting ! I'm sure there's one with your name on it !

Dave

versifier
10-31-2006, 08:16 AM
If there is, it must be written on the off side where I can't see it. When I get sick of deer hunting and go back there with my shotgun to hunt partridges, then I will see all the deer. I'm thinking that I attack the cover in different ways: with a rifle I sneak a bit and sit a lot, with a shotgun I just go limping through without caring how much noise I make. I suspect the buggers know the difference. :) It's a tough spot to hunt, but it's very close by, which helps a lot as I can't go in alone anymore, We will head up to the northern part of the state for the opening of rifle season in about ten days. If we don't score down here, we will up there. It's just a relief to get out in the woods anyway.