PDA

View Full Version : Whoopee their getting ready.

Deathwind
11-01-2006, 08:17 PM
Hi everyone i was on my way home from work this evening and saw this horse of a whitetail buck beside my gravel road looking for a scrap. I mean he snorted at my truck and wasn't about to take off running so i stopped and yelled at him and he just gives me this stay in your truck buddy look and wanders off slowly.I then drove about 1/2 mile farther down this road and there's another big fella so i'am guessing there's going to be some fighting going on tonight.Seems like this snow fall and the weather turning colder is moving the rut along earlier this year.Both these boys would be shooters for me anyway and i'd guess 150 to 160 class.Rifle season starts on nov.13 so it won't be long now.:fighting68: :fighting68:

Oldbushman
11-13-2006, 11:04 AM
Sounds like somebodies freezer is going to be full very shortly !

Dave

versifier
11-13-2006, 01:09 PM
Any good news yet? They're usually pretty stupid on opening day and they stay that way until someone shoots at them. Then they catch scent of a doe in heat and get all stupid again. If they happen to be in mid-stupid when you run into them, it makes for easier freezer filling. I keep wishing for a little tracking snow here, but we've been getting so much rain lately my neighbor is building an ark. But one of us is bound to get a decent shot sooner or later.