PDA

View Full Version : bad night at work for Dad ,Good night for the Lad

Oldbushman
11-03-2006, 12:45 PM
My lad harped about comming out to work with me tonight & in the end I let him (he makes a fantastic Gate opener /closer, is getting the hang of Dressing Roos & most importantly works cheap !!!!! I promised him if we got a chance on the way home he could have a shot at the Foxes that gather where ever i've done a gut ! Well straight to the Safe & he grabbed his .310 cadet ! I told him to just grab a .22 or the hornet ,but he insisted on bringing the Cadet ! Well the night was almost a complete waste of time work wise as the Roos were fairly spooked & so it was a case of oh well cut our losses & head for the chiller & then home ! Of course at this point I was reminded about the small matter of having a 'shot at the end of the night' . Ok so I'm just swinging the spotlight round & his got a couple of foxes & a couple of hares ! Right let's call it quits shall we ? Just a few minuites more is the plead, right I take a short cut along a creek bank (till working the light) & I pick up a 1/2 dozen Goats settled in the creek bed against the far bank ! I said to EV get either a eater or one for dog meat but don't muck around cause they'll take off in a miniute ! Yep you guessed it he shot the biggest smelliest billy that was with them ! needles to say it's till there ! :fighting58:

Dave

kodiak1
11-03-2006, 05:21 PM
Ah Yes the old billie goat that brings back memories. The old neighbor was kind of a joker and would go and buy one at an auction sale then drop it off at someones place when they wern't home. You know lock it in the milk house or put it in the car garage.
Well his wife worked at the one bank in town for close to thirty years and when she retired the staff went out and bought her a pygmy goat a cute little billy.
Well that damn thing crawled up onto and int everything on the place. After about two weeks of this the old farmer gets up and the damn goat is on top of his new tractor, well he is pissed so over to the gun rack and out come the dirty thirty and yes he helped that poor little pygmy billie goat off the cab of his tractor.
This is a true story he told me himself and I also seen the goat.
After he told me about this episoded I could hardly breathe cause I laughed so darn hard.
Ken.
P.S I should tell you the one about the other neighbor and the skunk.:p :p

Oldbushman
11-03-2006, 05:52 PM
P.S I should tell you the one about the other neighbor and the skunk.
______

Please do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The lowest thing that I've ever done (I mean that somebody I know ) Did with a Goat of the large male 'stinks to high heaven ' class was to remove it from this life & hang it in a mates Roo chiller the night before the Processor's truck was due to come & remove the roos ! ( These Chillers hold about 700 Roos ) I (I mean the chap who shoot the goat ) Hung it right down the back of the chiller so the Poor driver had to remove near all the roos to find out what the smell was!:twisted: Of course when the driver found the sourse of the smell ,The Excteta ,Hit the Ossolating device at a great rate of Knots (the Sh#t hit the fan ) & no matter how much my poor mate tried to defend himself ,the deeper he dug himself in ! Thing is his never been able to pin point which of us did the dirty deed !

Dave

dale clawson
11-04-2006, 06:54 AM
The rancher we once leased deer hunting from said he had missed a few goats when he gathered and we were welcome to take them for meat. A young fellow with us was anxious to get one to barbecue and managed to bag one across a pretty good canyon. I looked it over and advised that since it was an angora billy, I'd leave it lay. He was determined and dragged it for about a quarter mile before the odor and effort persuaded him to abandon the project.:animal25: Dale

kodiak1
11-05-2006, 07:43 PM
Okay you asked for it but get ready to hang on to your sides.

I was told this one by the fella that actually did it.
He is about 50 when this happens and is married with 6 kids. They aren't the richest family in the area so they had a couple of milk cows, Few pigs, Geese and Chikens for Eating and a few old hens for laying.
Well it seems that the story went like this the old fella's wife is starting to get down on laying hen's and even had a few of the young chicks that were destin to become supper go missing and old mister Skunk was suspected.
Well they found where he was coming under the wire fixed it and the skunk made another route into the chicken coop.
They put up traps but none of them had trapped much more than a mouse so that turned up futile.
Well early on afternoon a great big thunderstorm rolled through the area kinda putting an end to the farming for the day so Mr Farmer slides into town to thee local wqtering hole. He dosen't get totally gassed but he ain't felling any pain either. He gets home about ten has some supper and of to bed he goes.
Well about midnight the wife beats him awake as she is waken by the old ruckus in the hen house.
Mr farmer grabs his trusty winchester 12 pounder and loads her up with three rounds grabs a flashlight, slips on the rubber booties and in his boxer heads out to the hen house. He gets out there and is scoping out the establishment to see where the skunk is. Of cource the shot gun is up and in the ready, lock cocked and ready to rock.

You can just see this in your mind half hunched over shotgun in the ready flashlight in the front hand! Think on it a minute now!

Well up in the nest is old mister skunk well he thinks I can't shot him there and kerblam skunk through the wall not one shot but two!!!
He had forgotten about his old dog following out to the chicken coop.

Yup old rover nosed Mr. farmer in the "O" Riong just as he went into the thought mode and that is all it took for that god damn Winchester to spring into action.

Well the old dog he heads out to safer surrounding the other side of the quarter section and wouldn't come home.

The wife chewed Mr. Farmer a new one for wrecking the nests and blowing a hole in the back of the chicken, stinking up the place and getting the remaining hens to quit laying eggs for about ten days.

Oh yeah Mr Farmer after about a week took one of his daughters out to where the dog was hidding out and in two days she had him coaxed back home. The old dog lived to be a ripe old age but never ever trusted Mister Farmer when he was in possession of that damned old Winchester.

Ther I told you now I have to sit her till my pants dry because I think I pissed myself laughing so hard.
I heard thi about twenty years ago and have told it maybe a hundred time and to this day I cannot tell the whole story with out laughing so hard that I have to quit to regain my composure.:p :p