PDA

View Full Version : Cz 550, 30-06

Matthew72
11-21-2006, 06:20 AM
I just finished breaking in the barrel and zeroing a new CZ 30-06, 550 American. For sure this is one of the most accurate shoting things I have ever owned. We put side by side with a 22-250 that would drive nails and the 30-06 stood toe to toe. >1/2'' group at 100 meters and right at 1/2'' at 150. Granted I was on a bench but no doubt that as long as I can hold on it, this rifle will hit it. The set trisser is great and requires nothing out of the box. I am very pleased with this setup.

Anyone got any advice on the CZ's.

versifier
11-21-2006, 06:38 AM
Yours is the first actual report on one that I have heard (as opposed to one from someone getting paid to tell the world how wonderful it is). I am encouraged. That's way more accurate than 90% of today's factory offerings. Do you think this might embarass certain American gunmakers to be a little more careful with quality control?
What kinds of bullets does it like?

kodiak1
11-21-2006, 04:57 PM
Matthew nothing makes a person feel better with a gun purchase than seeing that piece stack 3 shots one on top of the other.
I have had that honor twice a 25-06 Ruger Heavy Barrel and a 22-250 Savage Heavy Barrel in both instances 3 shots 100 yards cover the holes with a quarter.
Adjust the scope to point were the gun was hitting and have never looked back with either one.
A few years later my youngest picked up a used Remy Heavy Barrel in 25-06 and pretty much the same thing. Haven't seen a smile like a sunrise in a long time.
Ken.:animal25:

klausg
11-21-2006, 07:17 PM
Matthew-
I'm glad to hear that the CZ's are nice; I have been looking at them for awhile now. As far as advice goes, well if it's shooting that well, don't change anything and permanently engrave your load data somewhere you won't lose it. BTW, what part of Wyoming? I went to UW for a number of years before I decided to join the Army, and I've got some cousins out towards Rock Springs. Have fun with the new rifle and take care.

-Klaus

Matthew72
11-22-2006, 03:25 PM
Yours is the first actual report on one that I have heard (as opposed to one from someone getting paid to tell the world how wonderful it is). I am encouraged. That's way more accurate than 90% of today's factory offerings. Do you think this might embarass certain American gunmakers to be a little more careful with quality control?
What kinds of bullets does it like?

I looked at the factory shot and was mildly impressed. 100 meter three shot group all in about a 3/4 group. If CZ is consistant than the American makers ought to start taking lesons.

I loaded 165 grain Sierra HPBT gamekings. I was impressed and I still have a long way to go before next sesion if I want to change things up a bit.

Matthew72
11-22-2006, 03:27 PM
Matthew-
I'm glad to hear that the CZ's are nice; I have been looking at them for awhile now. As far as advice goes, well if it's shooting that well, don't change anything and permanently engrave your load data somewhere you won't lose it. BTW, what part of Wyoming? I went to UW for a number of years before I decided to join the Army, and I've got some cousins out towards Rock Springs. Have fun with the new rifle and take care.

-Klaus

After what I have seen I would recommend them. nothing better for me now for the price. I got this at $400.00 new.

I am going to play with the load a bit, jst cause I want to but that is half the fun right?

I graduated from UW, Live in Douglas now. Go Polks!!

Nebraska34
03-21-2007, 01:50 PM
Recently purchased a 22 Hornet in the CZ 527 Full Stock. Put a straight 10X Weaver scope on it. Might be a little much scope but I got it at the right price. After I finally got the scope mounted and bore sighted. (Manged to drop one of the screws on the ground and took 40 min and a magnet to find it) I really am impressed. At 100 yards shot a three shot group with one hole. No kidding first real group that I shot was three shots through one ragged hole. I really like the single set trigger they come with and have also adjusted the none set trigger down a ways to make it easy to pull either way. Just a little less sensitive on the none set trigger than the set so it is good for hunting.

Robertbank
03-27-2007, 05:20 PM
None of this should come as a surprise. CZ pistols are outstanding in their performance and durability and one would expect the same in their rifles.

Take Care

Bob

TLARbb
03-20-2010, 12:52 PM
I don't have a CZ centerfire, but do own a CZ 452 FS that is outstanding, easily the most accurate rimfire I currently own. I've been wanting to try out one of the 550's, maybe a full stock in 6.5X55 if I can find one and the money to buy it at the same time.

EJ