PDA

View Full Version : school project

Bullshop Junior X2
12-23-2006, 11:20 PM
I kind of hate to ask this on this site,
I am doing a school report on the land of Sweden! I need some help from someone that knows Swedish, I just need a few tips, if you know Swedish please p.m. me. Thank you.
Tony

Bullshop Junior
12-23-2006, 11:59 PM
I could ask the same for Germany. I have to do a report on a country in Europe, and I picked Germany. I need some good
words, or even sentences, and what they mean in english, and maybe how to pronounce them (if you can). I also have to cook a dish that is from Germany and could use some good recipes. And maybe an idea of what they wear for clothes. I whould perfer P.M. for what help you might be able to give.
Thanks.
Daniel/ Bs Jr.:happy36:

versifier
12-24-2006, 08:23 AM
I would direct both of you over to CB board where there are a bunch of members from both countries. Post in the "Off Topic" section and you should get some responses, or you could go through the Members List, read where people are from, and PM those in the appropriate places.

C1PNR
12-29-2006, 05:19 PM
I kind of hate to ask this on this site,
I am doing a school report on the land of Sweden! I need some help from someone that knows Swedish, I just need a few tips, if you know Swedish please p.m. me. Thank you.
Tony
Whatever else you put into your report, this should be a nice tidbit that's not widely known. I'm a Ham radio operator and get a weekly newsletter about the hobby from the American Radio Relay League (ARRL) which included this story in the 12/22/06 issue.

SWEDISH FROM SPACE VIA HAM RADIO DELIGHTS ARISS QSO AUDIENCE

The first Amateur Radio on the International Space Station (ARISS) school contact in Swedish delighted both students and onlookers this past weekend.
European Space Agency astronaut Christer Fuglesang, SA0AFS/KE5CGR, chatted in his native tongue Sunday, December 17, with youngsters at Thunman School in Knivsta, Sweden. ARISS-Europe Chairman Gaston Bertels, ON4WF, said everyone enjoyed hearing the Swedish language from space.

"Christer answered 13 questions from the students," Bertels noted.
"Funglesang is the first Swedish astronaut and enthusiasm in Sweden is topmost. The audience was delighted with hearing Swedish spoken from space."

Students and an estimated audience of 500 gathered in Kvistna's sport hall for the event, Bertels said. Verizon Conferencing provided a teleconference circuit to bridge the gap from Earth station VK4KHZ in Australia to Sweden.

Among other things, the grade 5 through 9 students wanted to know if birds can fly in the microgravity of the ISS, how the ISS crew disposes of its trash, whether crew members have to wear spacesuits all the time, if they saw flashes of light in their vision due to cosmic rays and did Fuglesang believe there was intelligent life in space.

For the contact, which attracted generous media coverage -- including TV and newspaper reports -- students wore shirts bearing a special logo commemorating the contact. Bertels said the students who took part in the contact plan to sign one of the shirts and present it personally to Fuglesang when he's back on Earth. Fuglesang arrived aboard the ISS as part of the shuttle Discovery STS-116 crew. Discovery returned December 22.

ARISS <http://www.rac.ca/ariss> is an international educational outreach, with US participation by ARRL, AMSAT and NASA.