PDA

View Full Version : ice fishing

MT Gianni
12-28-2006, 09:35 PM
I hit the ice yesterday for what I considered a slow day. I kept 5 trout and 2 Kokanee both the kokes were about 11" in 6 hours. I lost 3 trout and tossed 5 or 6 for being too small. 14" of ice. Gianni

versifier
12-29-2006, 11:27 AM
Nice haul. A lot of people I know are into it around here, but the ice is nowhere near thick enough yet. (Where there is any). Back when it was still legal to do so, my friends used to leave their trash fish on the ice by their holes and I would hide in a blind on shore and shoot the coyotes that came at around dusk to eat them. Alas, times change.

klausg
12-29-2006, 01:13 PM
MT-
Sounds like you had a good time; I haven't gotten out yet this season, hopefully this weekend. We have plenty of ice up here, not enough to need the extension on the auger yet, but getting there. The lake I fish the most isn't quite as productive as yours; I consider three fish a good day. However the ones we are getting are generally 24"+ Arctic Char with an occasional rainbow thrown in for good measure. I'm sure you could do better w/bait, but that lake is single hook artificials only.

-Klaus

kodiak1
12-29-2006, 07:57 PM
Yes sir hopefully this weekend.
Trying to make Ice Fishin and Gun Show all fit in around Work.
Ken.:happy13: