PDA

View Full Version : New Member

jarheaded
02-02-2005, 08:10 PM
Hello Everyone,
I just joined your Forum and would like to tell you a little about myself. I live in NJ which is bad as far as guns go its hard as hell to get a permit to purchas a handgun where I live it normaly takes about 2 1/2 months for it to come back from the State Police. Thats who I have to go thru, anyway I spent almost 8 years in the Marines and I am Disabled and use an electric cart to get around but I still can shoot my Rugers thats my true love (don't tell the wife) I have a 44mag SBH, 30 carbineBH, and a 357magBH. Well thats about it for now.

CEO
02-02-2005, 08:40 PM
I think I am rather gifted in my state. In order to get a handgun, it takes about two signatures, a 10 minute phone call, and around $400.00 (prices vary depending on pistol :) ) At least that's all it took when I bought my last pistol (Plinker Ruger P89 9mm).

Is there a lot of shooting ranges there in N.J.? I would imagine in the cities it would take a little while to get to a nice shooting range.

Which pistol do you prefer; your 44mag or 357 mag. Our family owns a nice 44 with I think an 8 inch barrel.. could be a 10. Beautiful gun, almost makes you feel like clint eastwood when you go shoot it. :)

Well I do appreciate you signing up on the site. Enjoy all the stuff we have on here, and please any suggestions you have for the site just let me know!
P.S. Don't worry, I won't tell your wife :o

jarheaded
02-04-2005, 12:33 AM
Idaho- must be nice to be from a free state where you can go out and realy use the rights we where BORN with. I live in the rural part of southeren NJ we have trees and everythig (HA HA ) thats why I have to go thru the State Police. If you live in a town your local Police Chief can get your permit put thru and it only takes a couple of weeks then. My favorit Ruger is my SuperBlackhawk 44mag I have it all decked out with a 4x32 scope and my special reloads, now I'm not braging BUT at 75 to 100 yds look-out. I can put that 240gr SWC dead center in the BULL (NO PUN INTENDED) Well I'll talk to you all later.

vmt_hntr
02-06-2005, 11:22 AM
Greetings all: Joined site to try and further my knowledge on reloading aspects of all kinds. Have reloaded for a number of years-pistol, rifle and shotgun. Also teach basic shotgun shooting to local 4-H youth. Look forward to sharing info on other subjects as well. Certified NRA instructor for metallic and shotgun shell reloading.

CEO
02-06-2005, 11:51 AM
Welcome aboard!