PDA

View Full Version : Message from Scandinavia, Sweden

Stangrips
03-16-2007, 12:25 PM
Hello guys!
My name is Stanley, i am 52 years old and i live in the southern part of Sweden.
I have being shooting since i could walk, and that interest only improves.

I love hunting with hunting dogs, and what i use now is a little beaty called Fanny.
She is a basset (not the english type) this is a Artesian Normand and i use her for
roedeer wich is the only deer type we have in this part of Sweden.

In the summertime i shoot every weekend (PPC 1500 is on the top list now)
I start reloading and casting bullets for about 30 years ago and i have learn a lot
during this time. Both good and bad things.
The bad things i gona wright about next time.(3 days of intensive care in hospital)
Now i am taking care of my newest little baby. Browning 1895 High Wall .45-70
/Stan

DeanoBeanCounter
03-16-2007, 01:17 PM
Welcome Stan,
I don't think there's much you can learn from me but you've come to the right place. The people here are great. Don't be scared to ask or comment on anything. I'm jealous of almost everyone on these forums, They've been shooting a lot longer then I have been. I've only been shooting regular for 4 or 5 years. Good luck and welcome to the group.:happy13:
Dean

versifier
03-16-2007, 05:40 PM
Welcome to the forum Stanley. Make yourself at home. What do you hunt with your dog? We found her in the dog breed book, but no pictures. Does she look like an English Bassett?

Oldbushman
03-16-2007, 07:32 PM
Welcome to the Site Stanley! The 45-70 is a grand old round .It's great to see it' popular right round the world !

Dave

dale clawson
03-17-2007, 01:46 PM
Stanley, welcome. I was a beagle fan when I was young, then graduated to larger breeds. The larger ones were too prone to run out of the country, I spent a lot more time looking for them than listening to them. My next rifle may be a 45-70. I live about sixty miles from where Billy Dixon made his famous 7/8 mile shot at Adobe Walls, and just 15 miles from the Buffalo Wallow where he and a few companions stood off hundreds of Indians with their 45-70's. Dale

kodiak1
03-17-2007, 09:04 PM
Stan, Hello from Western Canada!
You got spring there yet?
We still have snow on the ground but it is starting to go pretty fast another week of decent weather and the snow will be gone then we will have to fight th dreaded MUD.
Ken

Stangrips
03-18-2007, 02:22 AM
Hello again and thank you all!
O yes i`m waithing for the spring to. But it is still a couple of weeks before it`s here.The snow is gone, but it is cold and rainy so your fingers are freezing to ice in one our on the range. I love shooting with my handguns, but not in the wintertime.(i have seven to play with)
I`ll try to make a photo so you can see what a French type of basset look like.
Must learn how to do it first
.45-70 is a fine cartridge but it`s not popular here, only for the enhtusiasts.
The most popular is still 6,5x55 and .30-06 for big game like moose, fallow deer and red deer.
But big bore is coming more and more because of the population of wild boar has increased dramaticly in the southern part of Sweden the last years.
Now i`m gonna register in the reloading forum i am intend to start loading with Hodgdon pyrodex in .45-70 and my single action in .45 Colt, and need a lot of advice.
Have a good time!
/Stan