PDA

View Full Version : Hello from up north....

G. Blessing
04-09-2007, 03:24 AM
G'day all,

I've been posting over at cast boolits for a little while now, and just realized that there were a couple more forums linked so here I am. :)

Well, for an intro, I'm 21 soon to be 22, have been shooting about 10 years and handloading for 5 or 6 of them. Lived in interior Alaska all my life. Knifemaker by trade, carpenter by way of paying the bills ;) , own 4 guns; 2 revolvers, a pistol, and a .22 rifle.

My loading has been mostly helping my Dad with the 30-30, '06 and .357/.38, untill I got my 9mm a couple years ago, but I have realy picked it up seriously since I got my .45C. revolver last october.

I'm shy, I read a lot until I get to know a forum comunity, trying not to bother the regulars.

Looking forward to posting and learning here.

Gary.

versifier
04-09-2007, 08:50 AM
Welcome Gary,
We like to be bothered. It makes us think and look things up! I have learned more trying to answer difficult questions than almost any other way. Even the easy ones have so many answers that I always learn something new from other posters. So, bother away.

Baldy
04-09-2007, 10:55 AM
Welcome from down in the swamps.http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Nature/nature-018.gif

kodiak1
04-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Gary hello from Western Canada.
Welcome to the sight.
Ken.

dale clawson
04-09-2007, 05:43 PM
Welcome from the panhandle of Texas! Please feel free to bother away, a newbie may ask a question I never heard the answer to or thought of. Besides, some of us older coots could use the circulation boost from being "bothered".:)
DALE

G. Blessing
04-10-2007, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Don't worry, I'll have question, probably lots O' them...

Robertbank
04-13-2007, 07:33 PM
Hey welcome neighbour good to have you aboard. Drop by on your way south sometime.

Take Care

Bob

bigkev
04-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Hello Just Joined Here Really Like It So Far! They Call Me Big Kev And Yes I Love To Shoot Big Bore Contenders,g/2's I Have A 375jdj Unported ,44mag Unported ,7/30 Waters ,14.5 Custom 45l/c From Coyote Guns,7mmtcu,
16inch 223,2 Mdl 70's In .270&300 Win Mag Numerous Overs And Singels Shot Guns. I've Been Reloading Sinc I Was 16!i Have My Politicle Opinons But Keep Them To My Self! When I Come Here I Hope To Not Hear A Lot Of Back &forth About The Gov Both Side Are As Bad As The Other! So Lets Leave That World And Talk About This Gun Forum Stuff!!!anything I Can Help With On Loads Be Glade To Share With Ya !! Have A Good And Safe Shooting Time And For God Sakes Wear The Ear Protection.....

versifier
04-20-2007, 06:11 PM
WHAT? :mrgreen: Welcome Kevin.
I thought I had an excess of Contender barrels.... You do like the odd ones, more fun. I just bought a brand new .223 Carbine barrel, but will not be able to shoot it until I get the right #$*&@##!!! forend. I think they do it just to piss me off. I have an older .30-30 that's new to me (with the proper forend) and I have been putting it through its paces with all of my .30 cal moulds - just loaded up 170's with three different powders after spending yesterday and today shooting 117's and 150's. Some promising loads, but haven't found the "one hole" combo yet. I suspect it will go for the heavy boolits, but there is a soupcan (Lee 117FNGC) load that shot less than 1" at 50yds (9/16ths, 5 shots). It's too slow to work well beyond 100yds, though. Still, it will be an awesome woodchuck killer. I have a couple more powders to try with it, but I have to do some more casting first.

The weather has finally been nice enough to get to the range, so I'm shooting while I can. We've had two nice days in a row after three weeks of serious weather. I had almost forgotten what a blue sky looked like. With any luck it won't snow again.....