PDA

View Full Version : Another lie about a bear

dale clawson
04-22-2007, 01:47 PM
I can't seem to get much activity going by telling lies, but I'll try this one before giving up. After a while, you wonder if any one but a select few reads them.
I think this one was also told to me by John Shick, but am not clear about that, as it's been 46 years at least since I heard it.
Speaking of bears, which we weren't, I once encountered one while I was lost in the desert. I had decided that the only way I would ever get rich was to find gold or buried treasure or something. For sure I wasn't going to get there at $30 a month cowboying. Well, I followed a lead I picked up by eavesdroppingat a dependable place, a bar, and soon found myself lost in the desert, out of water, and abandoned by a sorry little burro I had traded a good cow horse for. After a couple days I was seeing mirages and dreaming about water and had decided I could go no further. I happened to check my backtrail and got inspiration to go on, as there was a huge grizzly bear on my trail. I mean I got up and ran! After a while, I was beginning to flag like a quarter horse after a mile and a half, and was again thinking of giving up when I spotted a group of trees up ahead. I thought that if could just make it to those trees, maybe I could climb one and be safe, as I had always heard that griz don't climb trees. Well, that old griz was making considerable gain on me , so I again found inspiriation to exceed my normal capabilities and catch another gear, so to speak. Just as I was getting to the trees, I could feel the breath of old griz on my hip pockets, so I made a flying leap at a lower limb when, POOF! the trees disappeared. I figured out that they had been a mirage all along.
Man, that's terrible, what did the bear do?
Huh? Oh, noth'in as he was a mirage too.
DALE:animal25:

dale clawson
04-24-2007, 09:51 PM
Anyone out there?

k-g
04-25-2007, 01:13 PM
It's got to be the worst lie I've heard from a guy who didn't want to work. I usually walk away shaking my head without a word, sorry :mrgreen:

I had a buddy, in grade 8 to 10, who would tell us what he had done during his week-ends.... When I was allowed to watch TV, I had usually seen the whole adventure around 9 on Friday or Saturday.... With the TV interdiction thing though, it took me a while to figure him out http://reloaders.gunloads.com/images/smilies/icon_rolleyes.gif

444Hal
07-05-2007, 10:30 AM
" The surest way to spoil a good story is by sticking to the facts"

Old Vaquero saying:grin:

kodiak1
07-05-2007, 03:47 PM
Man it must be hot down there with hallusinations like that!!
Ken.

Bullshop Junior X2
10-27-2007, 06:27 PM
That's one way to consider a lie good.
I've got another,
once two boys found a ten dollar bill and their school teacher found them arguing about it so asked , what are you boys arguing about?
one of the boys said ,we found a ten dollar bill and we are going to give it to the person who told the biggest lie . Then the teacher said , you ought to be ashamed of yourselves, when I was your age i didn't even know a lie was! the two boys gave her the ten dollar bill.
bic/bs jr x2

Bullshop Junior
02-01-2008, 10:02 PM
You Liar!
Daniel/BS Jr.