PDA

View Full Version : One for dale...

k-g
05-02-2007, 12:33 PM
A few years ago I read an article by Jim Taylor (fun with the 475 or something like that...) who told about his shooting 45ACP cases out of his Linebaugh revolver.
His purpose was to make light loads, but I wondered ...

The only 475/480 gun I know is a friend's 480 Rossi levergun, and I invited both of them one afternoon. We looked at my brass stock and, lo and behold, we found the little 45's parent cartridge, the 30-06...
I immediately figured out that with the longer barrel and the better ballistic coefficient of that err... projectile, we could get interesting results, and we got to work.

By the time we had the '06s straight in the cases over a stout load of Bullseye, it was pretty dark. We nevertheless went out of the house and looked for a target worthy of our long range missiles. There wasn't much except, hanging there and staring at us, a beautiful full moon.

It took a bit of sighting in, and of course we had to load the ammo one at a time directly in the chamber; but if you look carefully, you can see that we scored quite a few hits :mrgreen:.

dale clawson
05-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Was you boys adrink'in that day? Just wondered. LOL Dale:D