PDA

View Full Version : gunsmith?

Nebraska34
05-22-2007, 07:53 PM
Hey guys I recently purchased a browning bbr 270. My plan is to rebarrel this into a custome 25-06 Ackley. I have never had anything like this done before and don't know quite where to start. I was wondering if any of you would know of a reputable gunsmith who takes on jobs like this. I have searched the net and found a few web sites of people that could probably do the job, but thought maybe you guys would have some input on who a guy should talk to about it and or what questions I should have in mind going into the process.

I know it will probably be a little bit spendy to get done so it my be something that gets put on the back burner but I figured you guys might help me get a little of the leg work done ahead of time.

Thanks

dale clawson
05-23-2007, 06:53 AM
My neighbor up the road, Mike Bryant, is a gunsmith who is capable of the work and has a good reputation. I can get his information if you need it. If you can find one near you it would be better, at least I prefer a face to face meeting, but if you have to ship it then several states away doesn't matter. Mike's number is 806-826 -5958. Dale