PDA

View Full Version : Oldbushman Where are you???

Robertbank
06-17-2007, 09:05 PM
Anyone heard from Dave lately? I see his last post here was sometime ago. Trust he is ok and still chasing girls from the green grass side.

Take Care

Bob

kodiak1
06-28-2007, 02:15 PM
Robert it looks like he really went into hidding!!!
Ken.

versifier
06-29-2007, 07:22 AM
Well, it's coming into winter down there. I figure he's probably working and will check in in a few weeks. He's "vanished" for a month or two before and returned with good stories.

kodiak1
06-29-2007, 08:28 AM
Funny Stories AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH!!!!!!!
Ken.

Robertbank
08-20-2007, 05:56 PM
Got an email from Dave. Alive and well. Very busy will be back on the forum if not already.

Take Care

Bob

Oldbushman
08-26-2007, 10:55 PM
Gents!!!!! Never Fear ! I am alive & prospering .Things have been a little Hectic so far this year in a most profitable way ! actualy working for BHPB as a Enviromental Control Officer (which is a nice term for the Greenies ) Basicly I get paid more money than a Donkey would like to carry on a hot day to Exterminate Dingos ,Foxes ,Cats & Rabbits on the Mine Lease of Olympic Dam ! Plus control of Noxics Plants ! Included in this job my accomodation & food is supplied (room with cable TV &Ensuite ,bed made everyday &3 square meals per day !!!!!!!) Yes it's a had task but hell somebody has to do it ! Oh did I mention the Vehicle & fuel ,Baits ,Traps Ammo ect are supplied ?
How did I get a number like this you ask ? Simple a Number of Roo Shooters I know ,now work under ground in the Mine &are on upwards of 100k per year & were'nt interested in the Pitance of 60k per year I now earn ! Yes I had to swollow my pride (& stop my hand from shackeing as I signed on the dotted line ) :happy59:

Dave

Robertbank
08-27-2007, 08:46 AM
Dave, and they are paying you for that! Kinda like paying a kid to steal candy in a candy shop I would say. Do gooders take away hunting and guns then have to pay taxpayers money out to do what used to get done for free. Same thing happening over here with rodent culling and over grazing of deer.

Take Care

Bob

Oldbushman
08-28-2007, 01:33 AM
Belive it or not I kind of fell into the job by accident ! A Mate who works for BHPB was asked if he knew anybody with experiance in the area & he recomended me for the job So now I work for the company! My fellow workers are all university grads & I'm a dum Bum

Robertbank
08-28-2007, 06:55 AM
You have a friend indeed. All going to University does for you is teaches you how to drink two beers at a time while standing on one leg on top of a bar prior to enjoying the fruits offered by young inexperienced co-eds. You come out with a degree that says you survived the "bar" exam and you now think you know something, which of course you don't. That is why they hired you. You have lived long enough to know how little you know and that only comes from life's experience.

Take Care

Bob

versifier
08-28-2007, 01:11 PM
Sooo....
When you gonna get yourself a digital camera, Dave? And maybe post a few photos..... :)