PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from England

dancingbear41
08-13-2007, 12:44 AM
Good morning, it's still early here.

The reloading scene seems to be getting smaller and smaller in England and reliable advice, when required, is hard to come by.

I have been shooting for over 25 years and reloading something or other for all of that time. I like to think I am reasonably experienced and can work out most of my reloading issues myself.

I am a fanatical bullet caster, I have over 100 bullets moulds, that's quite impressive for over here, maybe not on your side of the pond.

I have a passion for the little .30 carbine round and will no doubt seek advice. I have two rifles chambered for it. A Southern Gun Company LA30, lever action based on the AR-15 design. Also, more recently, an Armalon AL30C a bolt action based on the Enfield No.4 action. I spent three years nagging Armalon to build it and they finally did.
Both rifles have twist rates much faster than the original M1 carbine semi-auto which is proving to be a challenge with cast bullets.

Enough rambling, I look forward to tapping into all of your experiences and will throw in my two cents when I can.

Simon.

versifier
08-13-2007, 08:19 AM
Welcome to the forum, Simon.
I, too, am a big fan of the .30carbine, but I like it best in a handgun. It has potential far in excess of what could be realized in the old military M1's. I'm very interested in hearing more about what it will do in a bolt action rifle. Perhaps you can post photos of your rifles, I think more than a few here will be interested to see them.
100 moulds is impressive, but not excessive. :) I think you'll be right at home here and at RL Guide & Cast Boolits Fora. Don't forget to check out the GL Home Page, too.

kodiak1
08-13-2007, 03:58 PM
Simon welcome from Western Canada. We do have a lot of good reading here.
Ken.

k-g
08-14-2007, 07:30 PM
Welcome aboard!

If I recognize you from your photo, you are also a great tiger hunter, a fearless space explorer and a stupendous masqued man at night; that's what I call living life at the fullest :mrgreen:!

I am curious about the powders you use in Britain; I have some experience with the neighbors Vectan line, and I think Hodgdon had their IMR's made in your country by Nobel for a while. What can you get at the store?

kg

Oldbushman
08-15-2007, 05:20 PM
Welcome from the Colonies ! I see where that exploding cigar went that I sent to england :fighting58: .

Dave

k-g
08-15-2007, 09:09 PM
Man, Dave! Where have you been?

In other news I read yesterday that some aussie hunter finally got down a tree after two weeks, when the crocs who where watching him decided he had grown too thin..... Anybody you know ;)?
I found the story a bit fishy actually; he blamed his horse for:
A: dropping him on the ground,
B: loosing him, bleeding, in crocs infested swamps rather than bring him home,
C: somewhat changing into a tree when the crocs took notice of their presence.

if you had some knews about the horse...? I suspect some fool play here.

kg

Oldbushman
08-16-2007, 03:05 AM
I've been Flat out with work mate ! It never ends ,I've got a rather large contract that is keeping me away for a time ! As for the bloke with the Croc ?
CRAP

dave

versifier
08-16-2007, 07:44 AM
Good to see you back Dave. I'd been wondering if you'd gone and got yourself et by something with more teeth than sense. (As opposed to more sense than teeth. :) )
I will be posting some photos of new toys soon. Got yourself a digital camera yet?

testhop
09-18-2007, 01:52 PM
Good morning, it's still early here.

The reloading scene seems to be getting smaller and smaller in England and reliable advice, when required, is hard to come by.

I have been shooting for over 25 years and reloading something or other for all of that time. I like to think I am reasonably experienced and can work out most of my reloading issues myself.

I am a fanatical bullet caster, I have over 100 bullets moulds, that's quite impressive for over here, maybe not on your side of the pond.

I have a passion for the little .30 carbine round and will no doubt seek advice. I have two rifles chambered for it. A Southern Gun Company LA30, lever action based on the AR-15 design. Also, more recently, an Armalon AL30C a bolt action based on the Enfield No.4 action. I spent three years nagging Armalon to build it and they finally did.
Both rifles have twist rates much faster than the original M1 carbine semi-auto which is proving to be a challenge with cast bullets.

Enough rambling, I look forward to tapping into all of your experiences and will throw in my two cents when I can.

Simon.

HI SIMON HIS IS TESTOP I ONCELOADED FOR THE 30 CARBINE BUT GOT TIRED CHASTINGTHE CASES DOWN
I DIDNT KNOW YOU CHAPS IN ENGLAND COULD OWN FIREARMS HERE INMARYLAND IT IS GETTING ALMOST AS BAD ILIVE IN BALTIMORE OUR MAYOR JUST PASSEDA LAW THAT ALL CRIMENALS MUST REGESTER THERE HANDGUNS
NO I AM DEAD SERIOUS EVEN THOUGH THE HIGHEST COURT IN THE LAND SAYS IT I
SELF INCRIMATEDING AND ILLGAL.AND WHAT HOODLUM IS GOING TO RUN RIGHT DOWN TOSIGH UP SO IF THIS KEEPS UP I GUESS WE HAVE TO MOVE TO THE OLD U.S.A. I KEEP HEARING ABOUT HA HA HA

TESTHOP

P.S THE MAYOPR JUST GOT REELECTED