PDA

View Full Version : troublle with my 270

testhop
09-18-2007, 04:14 PM
:lol: i have a old winchester mod 70 pre 64 in 270 that i had to retire not because of ware or milfuction no it got lazy on mehere is the story it was snowing bad the temp was about 20 and i was down with the flu i wanted some deer so i sent the 270 out by it self you know what happen it shot the firstdeer it saw lucky i had a doe tag ok i though it made a mistake but no ever time i sent it alone the old 270 would shoot the firest it saw so you can see i had no choice so it stays in the gunsafe
[B]nowi belive if winchester thought of a better cal than the 270 he took it with him when he died

testhop

kodiak1
09-18-2007, 05:04 PM
270 is tried tested and true no doubt about it.
Ken.

C1PNR
10-17-2007, 05:01 PM
I bought mine, a 1980's or so vintage, from a friend who was down on his luck and needed money. Neither of us realized it had a crack in the stock right behind the recoil lug.:(

Luckily I had taken it apart for a thorough cleaning just after taking possession and discovered the flaw. I had my friendly, local gunsmith repair the stock with metal bedding compound so all is good now.:)

The only reason I'm not shooting it right now is that I need rings and a scope!

testhop
11-15-2007, 05:20 PM
I bought mine, a 1980's or so vintage, from a friend who was down on his luck and needed money. Neither of us realized it had a crack in the stock right behind the recoil lug.:(

Luckily I had taken it apart for a thorough cleaning just after taking possession and discovered the flaw. I had my friendly, local gunsmith repair the stock with metal bedding compound so all is good now.:)

The only reason I'm not shooting it right now is that I need rings and a scope!

dont get junk for a 270 mine wears a leupold 3.5 to 10 vari x iii in wever low rings witch is the best bases and rings and the old girl will shoot much better than i can (it is hell to get old)

C1PNR
12-17-2007, 07:16 PM
dont get junk for a 270 mine wears a leupold 3.5 to 10 vari x iii in wever low rings witch is the best bases and rings and the old girl will shoot much better than i can (it is hell to get old)

I've got one of them do-dads on my M70 in '06 that I've been thinking should go onto the .270. I just may do that. Then maybe get a 2.5 - 8 or a 1.75 - 6 for the '06.

I've got a 300 Win Mag and a 7 Rem Mag for "long shooters," and I'd like to use the '06 more for deer, etc., in tight country.