PDA

View Full Version : pistol grips trouble

testhop
10-26-2007, 05:59 AM
am i the only person with the painful problum of having my middle knukkle painfuly rap from the trigger guard from most hard kicking handguns
i have tryed a lot of ideas like new grips, custom ones it helps a little but i want some thing perment i am thinking of making the right grip thicker there for
shifting the knuckkle off center of the trigger guard what do you think
or have any other ideas
oh yes i have this happen just with my 44 mags
on 357s no nor on m y xp100sand one xp is a 35 remington

tom

p.s no i am not going to giveup shooting them

versifier
10-26-2007, 07:07 AM
You are definitely not the only one. And it's not just the big .44's, either. I think the little snubbie .38's and .357's get downright abusive with hot ammo. Then you run into the added problem of being unable to completely express yourself in a social situation. :happy13: (Or if it does a really good job on your finger, you may be "expressing yourself" even when it's not intended.)
You used to be able to get a spacer thingy (that's a technical term :) ) for S&W K frames that filled the gap. It made you grip the revolver a bit differently, but it was easy to get used to and much easier on the finger. I don't know if they were ever made in other sizes or for other brands, but they sure did the trick. Nowadays they're a rare gunshow only find, so most of us will have to keep our eyes open for aftermarket grips that fill the space. I have seen some godawful ugly home made attempts to do the same thing, too, so it seems to be still a fairly common issue for those who do a lot of revolver shooting.

testhop
10-26-2007, 02:15 PM
i dont see why some smart co. dont come out with the grips michined out to fit the gun but leave the outside work to you that way you could fit them to your hand what do you think

tom

versifier
10-26-2007, 03:17 PM
It seems to me I remember hearing that there was a company that made grips like that for competitive shooters, but I can't remember any details. Perhaps someone else here has a rememberer they can still gets parts for. :)

jim4065
02-19-2008, 09:57 PM
Any chance that "spacer thingy" was a Tyler T Grip? For some reason that name pops to mind - don't know if it works here. :-|

versifier
02-20-2008, 10:28 AM
Welcome to the forum Jim.
That name rings a bell. Every so often you see one of them on a revolver at a show, and I'm sure there was mention of them in a "Where can I get...." in American Rifleman several years back.