i use simple green and very hot water
i have heard of some very exocted mixs what is yours

Bullshop Junior X2
11-09-2007, 05:55 PM
I use Dawn dish soap and hot water, works great
Tony

dale clawson
11-10-2007, 11:52 AM
I got a large amount of Moose Milk at an auction several years ago, it was in with some other cleaning supplies that sold so cheap I consider the MM to be free. It works great, so when it is finally gone I will probably make more from a recipe I found online. Dale

versifier
11-10-2007, 02:29 PM
I use the hottest possible water in a bucket, and a tad bit of diluted BlackSolve concentrate. The bottle was given to me about 25yrs ago, just need a shot of it once a year after m/l season is over. I'm not sure if they still make it, but it's still 3/4 full. I don't often shoot the old .54 since I started mega casting for my cf rifles and pistols, but when I do, it's an eyeopener for the "uninformed" who laugh when I tell them how accurate it is. I am not a betting man, but I am not above embarassing a fool with a fancy new centerfire rifle, either.

kodiak1
11-10-2007, 06:29 PM
I use hot soapy water rinse with vinegar patch, wet patch again with water and patch till dry hasn't let me down yet.
Ken.

marinerecongunner
12-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Hot soapy water has always worked for me.

GSPKurt
01-30-2008, 11:58 AM
i have a question?
what is your formulefor cleaning blackpowder guns
i use simple green and very hot water
i have heard of some very exocted mixs what is yours

I use equal parts of Murphy's Oil Soap, hydrogen peroxide and rubbing alcohol. Works great. :happy13:

waksupi
03-01-2008, 01:18 PM
Geez, I keep forgetting there is another forum, aside from the cast boolits page!

Anyway, don't be putting hydrogen peroxide in a barrel! :fighting58:

Very corrosive, and can dangerously erode breech plugs over time.