PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday was good!

dale clawson
11-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Yesterday was good! It started with getting only a warning for speeding(7 mph over), then spotting a yard sale with a stack of four tires that proved to be a fit for my truck. Great shape and $50 for four($750 new from local dealer). I also picked up two batteries with two chargers for my cordless drills-$2 and hold a charge good(Dewalt price $250), two batteries with charger for Ryobi recip. saw for $1( good ones), case for my Craftsman router with an edge guide 50 cents.
Then I quit early to go hunting and came home with a turkey and a big bobcat tom. I sat and enjoyed a flock of Canada geese landing in front of me, watched does feed feed nearby, and listened to the scattered turkeys as they regrouped and then were scattered again by the Bobcat. It was a calm(rare here), warm evening that was so relaxing and enjoyable. Such days may provoke me to go ahead and retire early. Hope youe day went as well. Dale:)

kodiak1
11-10-2007, 06:23 PM
Dale sounds like life is good in Texas!!
I fought mud and wind yesterday, but I got to pi$$ and moan about it for an hour with a friend of mine who just prodded the be jeebers out of me so it wasn't a write off.
Ken.

dale clawson
11-13-2007, 06:33 PM
It got even better, I turned ol' Bob into fodder for more shootin stuff. Seems a local feller was looking for a nice one to mount life size. I scratched his itch and he scratched my itch for reloading stuff. Great! Dale