PDA

View Full Version : 07 rifle Buck

shrpshtrjoe
11-29-2007, 06:04 PM
Here's my Rifle season buck. He was takin with a rem 788 in .308 with Hand Loaded 150gr Accubonds.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/shrpshtrjoe/100_0203.jpg
Joe

versifier
11-29-2007, 09:09 PM
Nice looking buck. You hunt with the same rifle that I use, too. I haven't seen anything shootable while hunting this year so far, but I did have to stop for a nice 6 pointer that was standing in the road right after dark on my way home tonight. I imagine he has been watching me walking back and forth for the last month and getting a good laugh for himself. One of these days he's going to make that one mistake..... :) Then he'll be laughing in the freezer. :fighting68:

testhop
12-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Nice looking buck. You hunt with the same rifle that I use, too. I haven't seen anything shootable while hunting this year so far, but I did have to stop for a nice 6 pointer that was standing in the road right after dark on my way home tonight. I imagine he has been watching me walking back and forth for the last month and getting a good laugh for himself. One of these days he's going to make that one mistake..... :) Then he'll be laughing in the freezer. :fighting68:

tom
now you know 2 things 1 there is a buck there
2 you finly got a localaton on him
now all you have to do is finish the job

testhop
12-02-2007, 06:21 PM
Here's my Rifle season buck. He was takin with a rem 788 in .308 with Hand Loaded 150gr Accubonds.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/shrpshtrjoe/100_0203.jpg
Joe
joe that is a great buck i didnt think we had any bucks like that left in maryland
congrats

shrpshtrjoe
12-03-2007, 05:37 AM
joe that is a great buck i didnt think we had any bucks like that left in maryland
congrats

Thanks ! I'm lucky enough to have some Hunting buddys that seem to be able to find propertys and they get me permission to hunt them. Where he was takin about every 3-4 years a nice one is gotton or at least seen, as luck would have it was my turn I guess. I'm very pleased I have never bin a " Head Hunter" I have two small eights mounted but this one is my best as yet :)
Joe

rusticbob1
12-12-2007, 05:46 PM
I was fortunate to take this nice, 8pt, 180 lb buck in November in Eaton,NH.
I had just returned from a week long hunt in Northern Maine at a famous hunting camps which will remain unnamed. 24 hunter saw only three deer all week. I saw one of them and it was a doe! Northern Maine has a real problem, No more deer yards and too many coyotes!
Spent 2-3 hours in a place I had scouted this past summer and got lucky! Not the biggest buck I've taken but I was real happy to kill him. I got skunked last year and my freezer was empty.
Sorry folks, I can't seem to attach a picture. I don't know the URL, in fact I don't know what a URL is? If I can figure it out I'll post it later.

versifier
12-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Welcome to the forum rusticbob1,
We are neighbors, I guess. I live in Conway.

rusticbob1
12-13-2007, 05:09 AM
Thanks for the invite.
Seeing this is a reloading forum I should tell you what load I used. 30.06 federal cases, 165 gr Sierra boat tail softpoint, 54gr IMR 4350. WW primers. This is my best load in a Ruger moder 77, ss with the ugly skeleton stock. On top I have a leoupold 2x7 which is older than the rifle.
I keep telling myself to trade it in for a prettier rifle, but I can't find any rifle that is as accurate. When I get serious about killing a deer, regardless of the weather or terrain, I grab this gun.
Any hints on attaching a photo? I store them in my computor and have no problem e-mailing them. What am i dooing wrong? See you at the range!

versifier
12-13-2007, 09:28 AM
There's a limit on the file size for photos. Over On the CB forum, which uses the same software, there is a sticky with complete instructions in the shooters.com section. I generally use Photoshop to resize before trying to post them.

The only ugly rifles are ones that won't group. Check out the GunLoads Home Page where you will find an article titled "The Old Canoe Paddle". :) You have probably seen me using it this summer and fall to test cast loads down at the range in Madison.