PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Kelly J
03-29-2008, 09:46 PM
I have been active on the political side of the gun Issue for some time now.

I am X Navy Vietnam Veteran 59-67 Machinery Repairman Second Class
Worked as a Machinist and Toolmaker for 40 plus Years, I'm now retired and on disability, Emphysema from Smoking too long.

I enjoy Reloading, and target shooting.

I have a CCW License and Carry a EAA Witness Elite Match 40 S&W cal. which I just converted to 10mm Auto. Aside from these two Calibers I also shoot 45 Colt.

I live in Blue Springs, MO and have for over 35 years.

jlb300
03-30-2008, 05:18 AM
Kelly ,Thank you for your service.!,and welcome to the forum . I am looking forward to your input.
Jeff

Kelly J
03-30-2008, 06:13 AM
Kelly ,Thank you for your service.!,and welcome to the forum . I am looking forward to your input.
Jeff

I hope to be an active participant.

versifier
03-30-2008, 11:14 AM
Welcome Kelly. Sounds like you'll fit right in. Still got machine tools to play with?

kodiak1
03-30-2008, 01:22 PM
Welcome to the board, Machinest Hmmmmmmmmmm There's a fella that will hav e some thoughts on casting untensils!!!!!
Ken. :happy59:

Kelly J
03-30-2008, 03:55 PM
Welcome to the board, Machinest Hmmmmmmmmmm There's a fella that will hav e some thoughts on casting untensils!!!!!
Ken. :happy59:

Thanks for the greeting.

I have a couple of Friends in Calgary.

k-g
04-20-2008, 10:55 PM
Hi Kelly, welcome aboard!

kg

Kelly J
04-21-2008, 08:31 AM
Welcome Kelly. Sounds like you'll fit right in. Still got machine tools to play with?

I'm real sorry for being so late in responding to you, I do not have any machine tools, I had to get rid of everything I had. Even my Hand tools, only thing I have left is some wrenches and Hammers, I use to take care of Home Repairs.

Kelly J
04-21-2008, 08:34 AM
Hi Kelly, welcome aboard!

kg

Thanks KG, again sorry for being so late responding.

versifier
04-22-2008, 07:25 AM
The most important tool is the one between your ears. Knowlege and experience of all our varied members add so much to even trivial discussions. Any level of machining experience from operator to toolmaker can offer a world of ideas to someone who wants to gain some understanding of basic metal working and gunsmithing. Different kinds of experience give us a much wider perspective when even a simple question is asked because everyone will answer it in a different way based on what he has seen and done. Since there are usually many different ways to accomplish any task in the shop, more perspectives will make the questioner aware of more possible options based on what tools are at hand and may well enable some one to do something he didn't realize was practical with limited resources. It can also save a newby from getting too ambitious and biting off more than he can chew or doing something potentially dangerous.

Kelly J
04-22-2008, 07:53 AM
The most important tool is the one between your ears. Knowlege and experience of all our varied members add so much to even trivial discussions. Any level of machining experience from operator to toolmaker can offer a world of ideas to someone who wants to gain some understanding of basic metal working and gunsmithing. Different kinds of experience give us a much wider perspective when even a simple question is asked because everyone will answer it in a different way based on what he has seen and done. Since there are usually many different ways to accomplish any task in the shop, more perspectives will make the questioner aware of more possible options based on what tools are at hand and may well enable some one to do something he didn't realize was practical with limited resources. It can also save a newby from getting too ambitious and biting off more than he can chew or doing something potentially dangerous.

Could not argue that, and I totally agree, the Machinist and toolmaker trades are very closely related, and it is a fact that without the skills of this trade there would be no modern weaponery, or the dies to produce the ammo needed to make them viable.