PDA

View Full Version : new pistol on the way

rokdog13
05-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Well, I traded in my Glock 23. I am soon to be the proud owner of a Kimber CDP pro .45ACP. It has the carry melt treatment so it won't snag, has a stainless slide and aluminum frame. 4" barrel and ambi control for my left hand.
Talk about spendy!!! They gave me $400 for my Glock and I still owe $650!! sheesh! it will be worth it though. The first new pistol I will have ever owned.
Also, I got a couple of the Kimber LIFEACT OC units. You guys should check these things out. They were $36 a piece. Cheap protection and the design seems alot better than canister type sprays. It has a pyrotechnic charge thats shoots the OC out at 90 mph and has an effective range of 13 feet.

Tommy Gun
06-03-2008, 01:13 PM
You're going to love your new Kimber. I have owned one for about 3 years now and carry it daily. I was told originally (by a gundealer I didn't buy it from) that I should have it tuned and replace all the springs, etc., before I relied on it. Well, I have never had to "rely" on it in a real scenario but it has performed flawlessly every time I have squeezed the trigger; it always goes "Bang."

Enjoy!

kodiak1
06-03-2008, 03:55 PM
rokdog sounds like a nice piece. Haven't had the chance to see one yet.
Ken.

versifier
06-03-2008, 05:26 PM
I sold my G23 for a G21 to carry last year. Nice to be able to reload the cases. I have had a Kimber for almost ten years now and really like it. Superbly accurate and not the least bit picky about bullet shape, but too pretty to be shooting/carrying in nasty weather and rolling around on the ground with.

rokdog13
06-20-2008, 05:19 PM
HOLY SMOKES!! I traded my G23 in on the PRO CDP and got $400 for it but it sure didnt seem to put much of a dent in it!! With the lefty holster and extra mag and pouch I spent more on my pistol than I did my Rifle even with the trade in !!
But its worth every dime.
The gunstore threw in a snap cap so I have been practicing drawing, releasing the safety and snap shooting at close range.
I havent tried using the sights, but after pulling the trigger I have check the alignment of the nite sights and realize that the gun looks like it would hit real close to where I want to hit naturally. Looking forward to testing this out in the woods with some speed shooting on the move at close range on some milk jugs.
The nite sights are cool!!!
I ran one clip through it yestarday expecting the gun to jump pretty good with Hornady 230 grain TAP +P but it felt more like a 9mm to me.
I was nervous to go from a simple to operate Glock to a .45 with a safety but I have found with a little practice the motion of drawing, clicking the safety off and firing is completly natural and pretty fast, I think. Maybe in 6 months I'll be laughing at saying that, but for now I am very impressed. Everybody should be issued one of these when they turn 18. Talk about let love rule!!!

versifier
06-20-2008, 07:50 PM
After the loud and high pressure .40, the .45ACP is a pussycat in most any full sized pistol. I wouldn't want either one in a subcompact, though. I have a Kimber for target work, and a G21 for carry. I like them both for their respective roles, and I can't figure out why anyone would want anything but a .45. It did take me a long time to realize it, but I wouldn't go back.

rokdog13
06-21-2008, 01:15 AM
My Kimber has a 4" barrel and felt stable to me. I could handle my .40 Glock fine but could never group tight with it. I never attributed that to the round since my last Glock was an april '94 first gen model. Maybe I am not as cerebral as I should be. Bigger bullet less control can't always be the rule? I've only had this gun for 2 days and my wife is already looking at me funny and teasing me about sleeping with it. She said, " Every time you buy a new gun it never leaves your side!!"
Does that make me weird?? I hope so. I wish everybody had such fascination with guns as I do. The world would be such a happy place because everybody would have such a deep understanding of what was at stake before they opened thier mouth.
Can I get an Amen!!!

Harlan
06-21-2008, 09:51 AM
Very VERY Cool! :cool:

rokdog13
07-01-2008, 04:21 AM
Ran three more mags through my CDP of ball ammo, I still can't believe how easy it is to handle. Wish I had more time and ammo to spend on it but for now I have to wait. Still waiting for the gunshop to mail me the second mag I got the extra mag pouch would like to be able to practice with it. The one thing I do not like about the gun is the difficulty in loading the mag. The mag well has a slight bevel and the tolerances are pretty tight. My Glock was quick as lightening. Guess its just practice practice practice at a slow pace. Seems like it will always be a bottleneck though.