PDA

View Full Version : Brass costs?

jlb300
05-12-2008, 02:52 PM
In light of everything that seems to be constantly going up in cost, does anyone here think that the prices for stuff like brass and powder and the like will go back down? I hear that the price of oil will be back under $80.00 per barrrel by the first of the year(yea right) but will the manufacturers be willing to reduce the prices accordingly? I realize the the cost of fuel is a minor cost of the brass and stuff but if copper and brass go back down too, will these components also retract in cost? Anybody have any input? Tell me what do you think?

jlb300
05-28-2008, 02:29 PM
Anyone else have an idea?

k-g
05-29-2008, 06:12 PM
I had a couple of articles saved, somewhere :roll:, on that topic. They said that mines (copper and lead) were going to re-open in North America as they would now be profitable.
This would have the effect of satisfying the demand and bringing prices somewhat down, around the beginning of the year (next one I suppose...).

It might "work", but with the recent destructive events in Asia I wouldn't hold my breath.
Keep an eye on Starline and the big discounters, they are the most likely to cut their prices ; you could probably contact them and ask too.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=7584

kg

testhop
05-29-2008, 06:57 PM
when i was very young i started to packrat reloading gear and supplys i keep my brass in 5 gal buckets at my gun rangea lot of shooters leave the brass lay i hate to seethe mess so i police up the brass aand put it in my truck to be hual away to my gurage