PDA

View Full Version : My firearms safe. from Caracas

SHOOTER IN EXILE
05-17-2008, 03:16 PM
Hello You all wonderful people on this site.

I've been in the shooting sport for around 50 years now. I'm 62.

Thanks to the self proclaimed "revolutionary government" it has become quite difficult for us shooters and reloaders to satisfy the needs of our hobby. Not to mention hunting.

When I open my firearms safe, a dozen rifles and handguns ask me: When are we going out?

When I review my stock ammo, every round shouts : We need company!

My stubborness and patience have been helpful. Many tools, including (primitive)dies and bullet moulds are home made. Many cases are recyceled from different calibers and reformed military brass. From time to time on trips to the USA, I get a set of dies or a couple of bullet casting blocks.

Need is the mother of invention! Did You know that an empty 380 ACP case with a 357 cast lead bullet seated and crimped inside, makes a half jacketed bullet for the 375 Win. round, suitable for hunting up to 50 to 100 yards? or that a 22 L.R case and a 223 rem. bullet have the same diameter?

Sounds like I've escaped from a mental institution. No?

All of the above should not be taken as instructions or serious reloading advice. It is only to illustrate those who haven't gone through the misfortune of living in a police state, on the value of the right to keep and bear arms. Remember the 1968 Gun Control Bill? Once a restricting bill is passed by a government, be sure that the next would be more restrictive.

I think this has been a bit long introduction, but I think I could be of some help to anyone looking for a shortcut to some reloading and firearm solution.

kodiak1
05-17-2008, 04:43 PM
Excile there are many governments around the world doing the same things to their people.

In all Honesty I have to wonder how far Canada is behind to being this way.

Good Luck Ken.

jlb300
10-17-2008, 12:46 PM
Exile Where have you gone to?