PDA

View Full Version : RCBS powder dispensing system

DaveT
03-01-2005, 06:58 PM
I recently purchased the new RCBS ChargeMaster powder dispenser and it is the most accurate powder measure I have ever seen! This past weekend I loaded 40 rounds of ammo using this machine, plus another 100 or so charges that I just dispensed getting used to it. It was right on every single time! I'm an old timer, I've been reloading for over twenty years and I've had other powder dispensers but I can honestly say weighting charges is finally just a push of a button. Yes there is a down side, I didn't realize until I got the ChargeMaster home that it is made in China, I assumed it would be made by Pact but I was wrong.
Dave T

CEO
03-01-2005, 08:46 PM
We've recently gotten the Lyman 1200 DPS Digital dispensing unit, but I have yet to load anything on it. Very nice looking unit and the price was... well.. A bit much, but if it works as it should, it will be worth it.

DaveT
03-01-2005, 10:17 PM
You know what, I was all set to purchase the Lyman powder dispenser but a funny thing happen that changed my mind. I emailed Lyman and politely asked them for some load data for my 7MM WSM using 140 grain bullets. They wrote back and politely told me that I could find that load and many other loads in thier newest edition Lyman loading manual. In other words, you want it, pay for it. Which I guess that's what they are in business for. Well I answered back and told her that in all the years I've been in the reloading hobby, I have never, not once been refused free loading data or help. I let her know I have many Lyman products in my reloading room and I was just about to purchase a new Lyman powder dispenser. But I changed my mind, I was going to buy the new RCBS instead, because RCBS has excellent customer service and have never refused me. Well now you know why I bought the RCBS.

SWKS
04-03-2005, 12:44 PM
I also purchase one of the new RCBS(Chinese Made) Powder Dispensing Systems. I was very reluctant about this POS from China. I talked to the techs at RCBS several times before the purchase, they almost "guaranteed" that this new system blows the other units of RCBS/Pact out of the water. Let me add, I had one of the earliest RCBS Units made by Pact, it was very accurate, but extremely slow. So sold it, got one of the new Pacts with the newer software, it was much-much faster, but never seemed to be able to stop on the exact amt very often. So it went on Ebay and Bye-Bye. Then the new RCBS was order'd, it is the "Ultimate"! Extremely fast, lots of memory to store up to 40 loads, and is 99.99% on the money every time. I have used H335 in it, no problems. It is one of the best purchases for reloading I have ever made. It is now very easy and fast to weigh every load if that is the way you want to load. I sure weight lots more of them, and is a dream when working up loads.

My .02 cents worth.

45nut
05-03-2005, 09:27 PM
SWKS,
I have one of the "older" rcbs units and as you said it is slow. SO slow I gave up on it actually. I still have and like the scale but if I was being paid to use the dispenser to load ammo I would be reluctant to say the least.
I called RCBS and was basically told I was S.O.L. Called pact and they said for 80 bucks I could increase the speed some. Not very helpful on the ph. either. I know when I am being told to ,well ,go away.
Called RCBS about parts for my lubrisizer and it took a month to get through to a human,3 weeks to get a reply to my email,a month longer to actually get the plunger I needed and then while I was waiting the long long wait I called and was basically blown off as being impatient.
Ya,Whatever. After being a huge RCBS proponent for decades I have accepted that yet another conglomerate owned name means the little guy means less than ever.
I am glad about one thing,that we still have choices.
And I will be exercising my right to choose with my $$$$$