PDA

View Full Version : Hello

SCREWLOOSETC
07-21-2008, 05:56 PM
I joined here to gather knowledge seems i learn something new every day. I've been shooting and casting since about 1960. I remember $10.00 93 mausers with a box of Rem UMC amo and $5 for a good jap rifle one of which i still have with a 7mm Ackley imp target barrel on it. should have kept all that stuff. still have one of the first 350 Rem Mag 600s. a lot of Martinis and a couple of highwalls. just starting blk powder. Don't know why it's like playing in the coal bin. Already learned here I can PP 308 bullits to shoot in my 7.7 japs. Thanks
My second hobby is collecting model airplane engines. Been building models since a kid.
I took early retirement from G E engine plant in 1991. Just built a new house on 5 acres in Jennings co. Indiana. My dream for a gatling gun turned into a comercial skag 0 turn mower to keep up with the grass.
I have the best neighbors anyone could ask for and belong to a great
christian church close to home.
thanks
Tom

kodiak1
07-22-2008, 04:14 PM
Tom welcome to the forum. Has all kinds of good stuff here.
Ken.

SCREWLOOSETC
07-25-2008, 07:58 PM
Been playing with an original Arisaka with pp bullets. am now shooting quarter size groups at 50yds. with the old rifle.Im patching from 309 to 314 after sizing. Using lyman 311291 mold without gc. 17gr. 2400. I consider 10 shots a group will move it out to 100yds later.
Tom

versifier
07-26-2008, 06:19 AM
I like shooting cast in my Arisaka, too, but I use the Lee mould of the proper size with gc's. Can't quite get it down to MOA, but it does much better with cast than with any jacketed I've tried. Not a big fan of pistol powders with it, though - at lower pressures where the case does not obturate completely to the chamber it likes to blow back into my face. I wouldn't want to have a case failure with one. It gave me a new appreciation of how well the standard Mauser bolt was designed.

jlb300
08-11-2008, 06:47 PM
welcome Tom