PDA

View Full Version : The Patriot Post

Kelly J
07-23-2008, 08:32 AM
23 July 2008 Patriot Vol. 08 No. 30

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PatriotPost.US Subscribe - It's Right, It's Free Printer Friendly

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current News Today's Opinion Research & Policy Support the Patriot Fund

The media are in love with Obama (click here for full-size version)
THE FOUNDATION: HUMAN NATURE
“In reality there is perhaps no one of our natural Passions so hard to subdue as Pride.” —Benjamin Franklin

THE DEMO-GOGUES
From the Barackapalooza Files: “The objective of this trip was to have substantive discussions with people like President Karzai or Prime Minister Maliki... or others who I expect to be dealing with over the next eight to ten years.” —Barack Obama **“I don’t think Obama really thinks he’s going to be president for ten years unless he plans on getting rid of the Twenty-Second Amendment. Well, I guess if you’re The Messiah, anything is potentially possible.” —Rush Limbaugh

“There is security progress [in Iraq], but now we need a political solution.” —Barack Obama in Iraq **“[Barack Obama will] be able to have the opportunity to see the success of the surge. It is a success. This is the same strategy that he voted against, railed against... He should admit he was wrong about the surge.” —John McCain

You don’t say: “If all of us lived on live mics, then 100 percent of us in this room would be embarrassed from time to time.” —Bill Clinton **Or all the time in your case.

The pot and the kettle: “Who would be afraid of [President Bush]? He’s got a 29 percent approval rating.” —Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, who has a nine percent approval rating

Non Compos Mentis: “Throughout our history, America’s confronted constantly evolving danger, from the oppression of an empire, to the lawlessness of the frontier, from the bomb that fell on Pearl Harbor, to the threat of nuclear annihilation. Americans have adapted to the threats posed by an ever-changing world.” —Barack Obama on “the bomb” dropped on Pearl Harbor

Keen sense of the obvious: “Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel’s.” —Barack Obama **Thanks for clearing that up.

DEZINFORMATSIA
Obamamania: “Tonight you’re going to be seeing the very first pictures of presidential candidate Barack Obama overseas with U.S. troops... a trip that seems to be captivating the rest of the world as much, if not more so, than many in the United States.” —CNN’s Rick Sanchez “This saturation coverage has already led the conservative blogosphere to offer blistering critiques of a liberal media slavishly treating Obama as a pop star. But... the sheer presence of media in no way guarantees favorable coverage.” —CBS’s Jeff Greenfield “It has been an Obamathon ever since the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee touched down in Afghanistan. At today’s press conference in Amman, a throng of reporters recorded his every move. In total, 200 journalists requested seats on ‘Air Obama’ —40 of them were accepted. The bill for the trip? About $20,000 each.” —CBS’s Katie Couric

Thorough investigative reporting: “Is this trip partly aimed at overcoming that concern, that, you know, there are doubts among some Americans that you could lead the country at war as commander in chief from day one?” —CBS’s Lara Logan to Obama

Oh, he’s so cool: “Now, before Afghanistan Senator Obama stopped off in Kuwait to talk to the troops there. You remember all that grief Obama got for being a terrible bowler? Well, at a local gym someone handed him a basketball and he promptly sank a shot from way outside the paint. He made it look easy.” —CBS’s Forrest Sawyer

Belly Laugh of the Week: “I have a strong hunch the people interviewing Obama will have tough questions. It’s not like North Korean television covering (communist leader) Kim Jong Il.” —CBS news correspondent Jeff Greenfield

This week’s “Leftmedia Buster” Award: “[T]he media in general... seem to me to be covering Obama as if we already president... You have one candidate, Barack Obama, getting more than twice as many covers, Time and Newsweek, than John McCain...[T]here is clearly an imbalance...[T]here could be a big backlash against news organizations if this trend continues.” —Washington Post media writer Howard Kurtz

Newspulper Headlines: This Is Sparta!: “A Cast of 300 Advises Obama on Foreign Policy” —The New York Times

Where’s Jesse Jackson When You Need Him?: “Asthma Risk From Too Many Nuts During Pregnancy” —MSNBC.com

‘...Then Again, Maybe I’m the Crazy One’: “Normal Man Wakes Up to Find Two Masked Men With Handguns in Bedroom” —Pantagraph (Bloomington, IL)

Everything Seemingly Is Spinning Out of Control: “Second Troy Cat Death Raises Alarm” —Times Union (Albany, NY) “Art Auctions on Cruise Ships Lead to Anger, Accusations and Lawsuits” —The New York Times “Robots Take Over University” —WEAU-TV Web site (Eau Claire, WI)

News You Can Use: “How to Survive in a Nuclear-Armed World” —Paris (Texas) News

Bottom Stories of the Day: “Bush, Congress Get Record Lows in AP-Ipsos Poll” —Associated Press “Obama Well Ahead in California, Poll Shows” —San Francisco Chronicle (Thanks to The Wall Street Journal’s James Taranto)

UPRIGHT
“At this point it would take a willing suspension of disbelief to put any trust in the military judgment of... Barack Obama.” —Paul Greenberg

“The idea that four months before a presidential election a candidate can run through these countries, meet some world leaders, and claim experience in these matters may impress the liberal media, but to me, it exposes just how unprepared for the presidency this guy is... I have never seen a presidential candidate with less to offer this nation—yet with more arrogance and self-delusion—than Barack Obama.” —Rush Limbaugh

“I think that the coverage [Barack Obama] is getting is beyond presidential. It’s papal. I mean, a president never has all three anchors on the way with him... If you needed any evidence of how much in the tank the mainstream media are, this is it.” —Charles Krauthammer

“Obama’s self-deprecation was his most charming bit, but lately he is, well, less charming. He and his wife seem more like a finger-wagging principal and teacher tag team, with Michelle Obama promising that her husband will make us work harder when he becomes president. You get the feeling that should the Obamas take over, we’ll all be staying after school. They used to call that detention.” —Kathleen Parker

“To say you’re going to get out on a certain schedule—regardless of what the Iraqis do, regardless of what our enemies do, regardless of what is happening on the ground—is the height of absurdity.” —Michael O’Hanlon, Democrat foreign policy analyst at the liberal Brookings Institute

“The real American dream is not found in having a government that helps you pay for your home, your health care and your retirement. It is found in taking care of those things yourself, as a free and independent person.” —Terence Jeffrey

“Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are called government-sponsored enterprises. At times, Congress has seemed a Fannie Mae- and Freddie Mac-sponsored enterprise.” —Rich Lowry

EDITORIAL EXEGESIS
“Barack Obama departs for Iraq... with a media entourage as large as some of his rallies. He’ll no doubt learn a lot, in addition to getting a good photo op. What we’ll be waiting to hear is whether the would-be Commander in Chief absorbs enough to admit he was wrong about the troop surge in Iraq. Mr. Obama has made a central basis of his candidacy the ‘judgment’ he showed in opposing the Iraq war in 2002, even if it was a risk-free position to take as an Illinois state senator. The claim helped him win the Democratic primaries. But the 2007 surge debate is the single most important strategic judgment he has had to make on the more serious stage as a Presidential candidate. He vocally opposed the surge, and events have since vindicated President Bush. Without the surge and a new counterinsurgency strategy, the U.S. would have suffered a humiliating defeat in Iraq. Yet Mr. Obama now wants to ignore that judgment, and [recently] his campaign erased from its Web site all traces of his surge opposition. Lest media amnesia set in, here is what the Obama site previously said: ’The problem—the Surge: The goal of the surge was to create space for Iraq’s political leaders to reach an agreement to end Iraq’s civil war. At great cost, our troops have helped reduce violence in some areas of Iraq, but even those reductions do not get us below the unsustainable levels of violence of mid-2006. Moreover, Iraq’s political leaders have made no progress in resolving the political differences at the heart of their civil war.’ Mr. Obama’s site now puts a considerably brighter gloss on the surge. Yet the candidate himself shows no signs of rethinking.” —The Wall Street Journal

INSIGHT
“Too many people expect wonders from democracy, when the most wonderful thing of all is just having it.” —Walter Winchell

“Vision is the art of seeing things invisible.” —Jonathan Swift

“The chief object of education is not to learn things but to unlearn things.” —G. K. Chesterton

“Common sense is not so common.” —Voltaire

VILLAGE IDIOTS
An idiot stuck on stupid: “Since the first oil crisis back in the early ‘70s, we’ve been told that if we simply go for more oil, gasoline prices will come down. We need to break free of this old pattern that’s holding us back and develop the renewable sources that can bring about the equivalent of a dollar a gallon gasoline.” —Al Gore Supply and demand: “It is only a truly dysfunctional system that would buy into the perverse logic that the short-term answer to high gasoline prices is drilling for more oil 10 years from now.” —Al Gore, an expert in perverse logic “If you look at the seriousness of the climate crisis, you see how it ties to the economic crisis and the national security threat that we face.” —Al Gore Say that again: “General Sherman famously said, ‘If nominated I will not run, if elected I will not serve.’ I already ran—I, I, I’m not running for the—I didn’t run for the nomination, and I’ve already been elected and didn’t serve.” —Algore

Can’t we all just get along: “I’m going to the DNC to add my voice to the growing collective consciousness I believe is rising in this country. I want to add my voice to this phenomenon that I believe is this country and the world’s only salvation: the promotion of love over fear.” —hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons

SHORT CUTS
“Barack Obama is [on] a trip to visit Iraq and several other Middle East countries. Obama says he is excited about the trip, mainly because he’s looking forward to meeting other people named Barack Obama.” —Conan O’Brien

“For the first few months of the campaign, the question about Obama was: Who is he? The question now is: Who does he think he is? We are getting to know. Redeemer of our uninvolved, uninformed lives. Lord of the seas. And more.” —Charles Krauthammer

“Obama’s record is like floor wax: all shine and no depth.” —Cal Thomas

“The press has been endlessly dazzled with the prowess and the promise of the Barack Obama campaign. Observers of these quivering scribes have to wonder if they don’t collapse from exhaustion at the end of the day from all the involuntary spine tingling and shortness of breath over Obama’s inspirational aura.” —Brent Bozell

“House Speaker Nancy Pelosi recommended oil drilling in already-explored Alaska leaseholds Tuesday. She won’t yield on offshore or wildlife preserves. The Democrats are not opposed to drilling, they are just opposed to drilling in areas that have oil.” —Argus Hamilton

“Conservation, efficiency and using oil we hold in reserve for emergencies does not get us more energy. It’s as if we were running out of food and the Democrats were telling us: ‘Just eat a little less every day.’ Great! We’ll die a little more slowly. That’s not what we call a ‘plan.’ We need more energy, not a plan for a slower death.” —Ann Coulter

Jay Leno: Barack Obama is very popular in the Middle East. I guess a lot of people over there saw the cover of The New Yorker. This is Barack’s third day in the Middle East. And President Bush said that he has no timetable for bringing him back home. ... You know, sometimes when President Bush speaks, he does not use the best choice of words. You know? Like, today, he said the financial institutions are basically sound, and you can take that to the bank. ... John McCain called a press conference today. Unfortunately, all the press was out of the country covering Obama. ... Barack Obama is in Afghanistan. Bill Clinton went with him. At least that’s what he told Hillary. ... The feds say federal institutions are in trouble for giving money to those already in debt. That’s the problem. They gave money to those already in debt. So, why are we paying taxes? Who’s more in debt than the government? What, are they $9 trillion in debt? We’re giving them more money? We’re enablers. We need to stop this.

Veritas vos Liberabit—Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis! Mark Alexander, Publisher, for The Patriot’s editors and staff. (Please pray for our Patriot Armed Forces standing in harm’s way around the world, and for their families—especially families of those fallen Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Coast Guardsmen, who granted their lives in defense of American liberty.)

Subscribe Free Manage Subscription Unsubscribe Printer Friendly Patriot Affiliates

Comment Shop amazon.com and support The Patriot Useful Links: Reprint Policy, Privacy Policy

*PUBLIUS*

The Patriot Post (PatriotPost.US) is protected speech pursuant to the "inalienable rights" of all men, and the First (and Second) Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America.

In God we trust.

2008 © Publius Press, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.