PDA

View Full Version : GA/ALA deer hunters

rocker
03-06-2005, 11:26 AM
if there are any GA or ALA deer hunters out there-what kind of season did you have? mine was lousy-2 does and 1 small buck. just to warm i guess.

HollandNut
07-09-2007, 03:29 PM
Seasons here have stunk for the past three years ..

kodiak1
07-10-2007, 07:45 AM
rocker I don't hunt in your area but I do hunt. We had a terrific deer season up here the last 5 years. We are starting to get over run to many acerage owners from the city that want to protect bambi. We live right next to a main highway in central Alberta anad there is a feed lot for cattle there. There are deer continually crossing the highway to go to and from the silage pit. This is a deer smorgasborg We have been laying in bed at night with the windows open and heard a vehicle coming on the highway then the scream of tires on pavement (brakes) then the thud, you just know someone has had an insurance claim.
Ken.

versifier
07-10-2007, 10:38 AM
Three deer in the freezer is a lousy season?!!!??!! What's it like in a good season? I am tempted, but I couldn't live where there is no winter.

Tom W.
07-15-2007, 08:02 PM
I hit one hard with my Encore pistol, but is ran onto another's lease, and I didn't want to get shot or arrested, so I had to let it go. I shot over the back of one with my ,480, never cut a hair. And somewhere on this BB is a picture of the biggest deer that I have ever shot, a 156 lb. 10 pointer.

HollandNut
07-15-2007, 10:50 PM
versifier , here , if you bow hunt and gun hunt , you can legally take over 300 deer in a season that runs around 100-110 days ... So hhmm 3 in the freezer cud be called lousy ..