PDA

View Full Version : 454 Causll & Bushnell Holo?

cosmo1956
10-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Hay! Just trin to get some information, any help would be great! I'm planing on puting a Holo red dot on my 454 Causll ruger super redhawk 7.5 I want to use this gun for elk and deer hunning here in montana. Is this going to let me reach out like at 100 yards? I know 50 no problum, just never used this kind of site on a pistol before. thanks! Cosmo.

versifier
10-04-2008, 05:20 PM
As long as you:
1. Have the gun sighted in to 100yds, and
2. Practice enough so you can hit the pieplate with it at 100yds every time,
the revolver and sight combo are certainly up to it.

You have, as I recall, a choice of different reticle patterns to choose from with the Holosight, and that could make a difference in how well you are able to see the target and track it at that range. You may have to try several to find out which one works best for you. I would lean towards either the crosshairs or the circle rather than the dot (that dot covers a BIG circle at 100yds), but I have never had a problem visually tracking anything with an Aimpoint red dot mounted on a rifle. It depends more on how steady you can hold and how consistant you are with your trigger than anything else. I do not know how well it will stand up to regular use with heavy recoil though, (IIRC it was designed to go on AR's) but Bushnell thinks it will do the job.

cosmo1956
10-05-2008, 05:41 AM
Hay versitier thank you for the informatiion!! I'm realy looking forward to getting this reddot and putting it on the gun, and more so shooting with it. I was a pertty far pistol shot with iorn sites, hope this will give me alittle advanage! thanks again! cosmo.