PDA

View Full Version : US Military Denied their Vote in 08

Kelly J
12-05-2008, 05:33 PM
US Military denied their Vote in 08

Today I ran into a WWII Veteran and in the course of our conversation, the Subject of our Military Personnel being denied their vote being counted, came up. He said something that hit home.

The thing that he suggested made perfect since to me, maybe it will to you as well, His Comment was one it just wasn’t fair that our guys and gals Voted and their vote was not counted because of some lame excuse, so here goes.

Our Military out side the Country that vote, should have a special day set to have their vote, submitted. The Votes that were submitted should be so that they are well in advance of the Regular election. Perhaps at the same time as our Primary Election; their votes would be counted and recorded, certified by the Attorney General, then held to be added to the Totals of the General Election, in their individual States.

There is no earthly reason to deny our Service Personnel their vote, they are the ones that are in harms way to preserve our ability to cast our votes.

This isn’t Rocket Science People it is a simple matter of making sure our Military have a say in the process.

chris112
12-10-2008, 06:35 AM
I agree with every thing but the date you choose. Need to complete the Primary first.
You would have to have some real teeth in that law however for it to do any good. As an example, can't have the general election until a certain number of days after the ballots were mailed. I can't remember which but I did hear of a state that mailed the military ballots a week before the election on at least on occasion. They couldn't even get to their destination before the election.

Kelly J
12-10-2008, 10:05 AM
I agree with every thing but the date you choose. Need to complete the Primary first.
You would have to have some real teeth in that law however for it to do any good. As an example, can't have the general election until a certain number of days after the ballots were mailed. I can't remember which but I did hear of a state that mailed the military ballots a week before the election on at least on occasion. They couldn't even get to their destination before the election.

What ever it takes to make it happen. I just hate the thought of our Military personnel deployed in harms way, that take the time to do their civic duty, on top of their Military duty, to have it not be counted. Makes me Sick, and I really don't care if the count will, or won't, change the outcome of the election. It is a valid vote, it will be counted, and they need to know it was counted.