Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Default Used Kimber Question

You have to love tax returns! I'm looking at a used Kimber Custom 25th Aniversery edition .45. The seller claims that less than 5000 rounds have been fired in it and is asking $700. Is this a good deal? I've seen some used Match Grades online going for around $1200. Is 5000 rounds a lot in this caliber of 1911.
    Thanks,

Nick
    315 yd. chest shot. 6.5 mm mag rem, 120 gr. Nos. Bal. Tip, 52.5 gr. 4350, 250 primer...Done!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Not a bad deal, but look it over carefully, shake it, etc. Check for excessive wear on the rails. If the loads were not barn burners and it was properly and regularly cleaned and lubed, that is not a lot of rounds for a well made pistol like a Kimber, but if it was not given proper care and feeding, that is enough to create some problems in any pistol. Remove the barrel and check out the bore with a bright light, looking for any erosion just forward of the chamber, leading in the grooves, etc. Look at the feed ramp and see if it is battered or smooth looking. Plan on replacing springs and possibly mags. If it has been properly cared for, takedown should be quick and easy (don't launch the spring), and you shouldn't see a lot of dirt and crud inside. 1911's will take a lot of abuse, but they won't stay accurate if not maintained correctly. If you are not familiar with them, have someone who is look it over for you, an experienced eye can see much more.
    If I can see it, I can hit it. Now, where did I put my glasses?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

So I just got home from the range and was told that this pistol also has a nighthawk trigger system in it. Does that make this a really good deal if the pistol is in sound shape or is the nighthawk trigger not really worth increasing the value of the gun?
    315 yd. chest shot. 6.5 mm mag rem, 120 gr. Nos. Bal. Tip, 52.5 gr. 4350, 250 primer...Done!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

I know nada about the trigger, sorry.
    If I can see it, I can hit it. Now, where did I put my glasses?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Done and Done! I bought the gun yesterday and don't know that I've ever been so thrilled about a purchase. This thing is tight, well maintained, and has the guts of a true match gun. Wonderful trigger, no damage, extra springs, holster, 3 mags, and case...$700. To say the least, I'm happy. Thanks for your advice versifier.

Beginner Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

sounds like one of those "great deals" to me !! good job !!