Thread: hogs

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Default hogs

Yesterday I got the oppertunity to do a little varmint hunting. The weather was a little spring like with some periods of sun and some snow . The temp would go between 30 to 38 in a matter of minutes. Every time the sun would be out for more than 3 min. It would calm down. I had been shooting at a 200 yd gong I had set up for practice and was out checking the shots on the plate . I noticed at about the 450 mark was a groundhog . I had to try to take him out. I was about 220 yds or so when I got a good angle and let him have it. I was shooting .223wssm with 55grn sierra blitzkings and 35.5 grn H4895 pushing. I was working with my win. mod70 super shadow. This gun has been the most difficult to get to like but I am working it out. Look http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...8/08pig001.jpg at him now. HAHA

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Nothing like a dead woodchuck. Good job.

Must be nice to have grass. I remember grass. We still have about three feet of snow to melt for it to appear again, but I'll see some before too long i hope.
    If I can see it, I can hit it. Now, where did I put my glasses?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

I feel for you my brother. The snow has truely only been gone for abou two and a half weeks. I hope you can get out to do a little shootin soon. As you can see the grass is just starting to get a little green color in it. They say on TV that next week the cherry blossems will be in peak down in DC. Must be nice

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

He must have thought he was safe at 450, didn't know you'd cheat and move up closer. DALE