Thread: Reloading

Beginner Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Default Reloading

Hello @ all
    Maybee someone can help me. I m reloading a couple of years.And i like too reload lots of cartridges like 7 mm rem mag ,300 win mag and 338 lapua mag . so i want to buy a reloading press wich can make around 3-500 shots of this big cartridges .
    Someone know a press wich can do this? And how much would it cost ?
    thx
    shaman

Beginner Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Default Reloading

Shaman,
    If you are going to reload for you big cartrages I would get a rcbs rockchucker,have had mine for over 30 years and it still looks new and I do shoot a good bit.It costs under $100 for the press,and the kit is about $225 or so.It wiil handle everything you can give it.Safe reloading.

Beginner Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Thumbs up Reloading press

At first thx for info. I will take a look at that.
    Hope it works for me , because i want too reload cuple of rounds for long range shooting. It takes a lot of ammo
    Hard too find a shooting range for long distance.
    I m lucky that i ve one close too me.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Smile

I second the motion on the RockChucker. Bought mine in the early 70's and it's still going strong. Actually picked up another used one in a "deal" for old components.

I, too, load the 7mm Mag, 300 WM, and 45-70, among others. That press will last you a long time and produce QUALITY hand loads.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

A quick warm welcome to C1PNR for joining up with us!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Smile

Another vote for the Rockchucker here. Mine's been going for thirty years and it does everything but prime for me. That gets done on a little Lee reloader press with an AutoPrime2 unit. I load at least 200 rounds/month on it, often more than 2500 in the warmer weather when I and friends are shooting a lot. I do six different kinds of handgun cases and twelve of rifle at last count. Every so often I think about upgrading to a progressive or a turret press, but I'd rather spend the money on components, and do.
    If I can see it, I can hit it. Now, where did I put my glasses?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Smile

Thanks Gunload Master, I'm glad to be here. Looking forward to spending some time here.
    Regards,

WE

Beginner Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

I started reloading in the early 70's with a Lee Loader for my 357. I went with the RCBS in 1977. I changed to the Lee Turrent Press in the 80's.

I currently use a Lee Turrent Press and their little C press. The Turrent Press can load 200 rds/hr of pistol, and the litle C Press works great for rifle. I have mostly Lee dies: 7.62 Nagant, 32 S&W, 32 ACP, 38 S&W, 380, 9mm, 38/357, 44SPL/MAG, 45 ACP, 45 Colt, 22 Hornet, 243, 6.5x52 Carcano, 6.5x55 Swede, 25-20, 32-20, 30-30, 308, 30-06, 7.5 Swiss, 8x57 Mauser, 35 Whelen, 43 Spanish and 45-70.

I used Lee Moulds for 150/38 double, 150/38 HP single, 150/308 GCFP and 44/240. My only Lyman mould is for the 43 Spanish (.439/370 gr) because Lee doesn't make it. The Lyman cost more than ALL of my Lee moulds combined.

No, I don't work for Lee, but I do recognize a good value for the price. My 43 Spanish dies were 17.00.

Go to Midway at http://www.midwayusa.com/ and check out the deal on combo kits. The Lee Loading Manual is a MUST READ. I got mine about 2 years ago, and I learned from it.

Last year I was working on the ULTIMATE SPITZER 30-30 ROUND for my Savage 340 bolt gun. I had just finished and thought I would check my sight in ammo across the crony, just for kicks and giggles. This was a Lee 150 gr GCFP cast out of wheel weights and loaded with WW748 in 1981 and stored in an unheated shed in 105 degree summers untill then. 5 rounds went into 7/16" with speeds of: 1995, 1993, 1994, 1993, 1991. Not a single spitzer load ever came close to that.
    Mickey Rat
    NRA Life Member
    Citizen of Alabama

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Question

Mikey, Have you visited the Cast Boolits board yet?
    If I can see it, I can hit it. Now, where did I put my glasses?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

I've used a hornady 007 since God was wearing short Pants .But more recently I obtained a Rcbs Jr "O" type & have used it for both .375 H&H & 45-70 .Though I reckon the Lee Cast would be decient value for money .

Dave

Beginner Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Hi, I've been using Dillon Press' for several years. I have both the older 450, which has been replaced with the 550 and a 650. The 650 can make your production demands with it's added case feeder. I don't shoot that much and I'm happy with the production rates of my old 450 for 7mm Rem Mag, 45-70 Govt and 300 WSM. Either of these presses will provide you with more rounds per hour than the RCBS Rockchucker.