Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Default Roll on Winter ! i'ts fox time again

We're right in the middleof our Summer here down under & it's really too hot to hunt (well for pleasure any way ) We're getting a few goats on our place as they come down from the high country into the shade of the gullies ! But now I've retired (kind of ) I'm looking forward to this winterto take the kisds out fox shooting & get thenm a little pocket money ! I have a little Martini .22 Hornet that shoots straighter than I can these days & is dynimite on Foxes out to about 175yrds! I use little 40 gn hollow points which are designed for the .22mag & made by Winchester & I get them at a good price & they do very little pelt damage Along with the fact that they'll shoot 5/8 groups all day long at 175yrds !
    I've spent the last 35+ yrs shooting for a living everything from Rabbits to Water Buff,but I'm really looking forward to having the time to get into the foxes with the kids & if we miss? Well so what ! Being there is half the Fun!!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Well so much for taking the kids out for a bit of Pocket money ,this winter I've been approched by a skin buyer to supply a min order of 200 skins (the wife took the call ) So it looks like I'm going to be a busy boy this winter !

Dave

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

How cold does it get in your winter?
    If I can see it, I can hit it. Now, where did I put my glasses?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by versifier
    How cold does it get in your winter?
    I suppose by your standaeds we have very mild winters. Although we sometimes get a light coating of Snow here in the Flinders (more like a heavy frost most times ) It nrmally dosen't get much below -5-7c . But when your driving round with the windscreen open all night it tends to feel like hell on most nights ,as I normaly work in jeans ,Tank-Top & Flip-flops (Thongs,over here or better known as Jappanise Riding boots ) As I tend to break out in a sweat Lifting roos on to the tray & hooks ! Over in the Victorian Alps it of course would be more like your winters ! But it would take a lot of money to make me cross the border into Victoria !!! In the north of the state in the more deserlet areas it drops to under freezing every night& dose'ntget much above zero during the day !