Beginner Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Cool Black Powder Pistol Nipple

I recently bought an 1858 New Army Target pistol. I would like to buy a "good" set of #10 nipples, wasn't to impressed with the factory model. Even the stainless model had poor workmanship, metal chips etc. . Just unfinished. Who should I be looking at for a quality nipple product? Appreciate any comments...

Beginner Reloader
    currently between heaven and hades (ie; above ground )
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

whose or perhaps where might be the better question , alot depends upon who made the piece , while most current ones are made in italy not all are as some are also made in spain
    in days of old actual nipple size was #11 and many of the italian ones state #11 but they seem a bit loose on them , that you ask about #10's makes me think that your's ,like most, are italian , threads tend to vary somewhat , if my guess is correct then usually it's one of two makers ( uberti or pietta ) sad to say but choices actually as far as i know are slim , i'd suggest looking at dixie gun works
    http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product...oducts_id=5815

more important isnt whom made them but adjustment , they should not contact the hammer when fired , there should be a small gap between it and the nipple

Beginner Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

It is a Pietta which I recently purchased from Cabela. Have fired one of these for 40 years (ouch that dates me!) anyway, I do appreciate your comments. Just getting started in black powder with the revolver so advice like yours is appreciated. I did buy a set of stainless nipples by Pietta but as I mentioned before they were not well finished. I will take a look at Dixie and see what they have available.

Thanks again,