Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Default The Martini custom race begins

I've just recently purchased a Martini 303 action from Canada & am waiting to get it into the country .I made mention of this to a shooting coleauge & he not to be out done has brought one here in australia (for 4x the price I paid for mine ) So the race is now on on whose going to build the better rifle ! I think I have the inside edge at the moment as we both use he same Barrel maker & I have offered to bribe him in making my barrel first ! I'm going 270-303 improved .where as my mate is going 9.3x65 (I think )

Dave

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Default Martini

Dave good luck on your build and I hope it don't take to long to get it out of Canada.
    What kind of B.S. laws do you have to import from out of Country for guns?
    Thanks Ken.
    Ken.

Love to Live, Live to Shoot.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Ken I've just had a long conversation with our fire arms branch over here reguarding several issues over Them re adding my what is known as 'C & D ' Indorsements on my Firearm License (this covers me for the use of Semi autos & Pumpaction shot guns ,They had forgotern to put them on my renewal ,but were very appologetic ) I mentioned gettting thev action into the country & their bending over backwards to help me ! It's just a matter now of getting it shipped over through customs (who could'nt really care less ! Who can figure ? ) So It's on it's way !

Dave

Beginner Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Wink Do I qualify

HI , I like Martini's too already have one in .223 and one in .17MACH IV and I am presently putting together one in .243 .. These are all rimless cases it has been said I am a bit of a machosist ,but I just can't resist a challenge ,if some one says it cant be done I just have to give it a shot..Flint

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

That's the Beauty of Martinis the sky is the limit ! I have played round with cadet actions for years & have only a Hornet & a .310 at the moment (the .310 was stashed as a rainy day project to be rebarreled to 357max until my stepson discovered it ) I had & seperated in a moment of weakness with a 17 ackley Hornet years ago & have always promised myself another one day

Dave