Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Default Good Old Fashioned serivce

At the risk of advertising a company I would like to share a recent experiance I had with MEC reloading ! I needed a part for my 600jr & could'nt track down a dealer anywhere in Australia .Out of shere desperation I e-mailed the service dept of MEC & explained my Plight ! I was sent a return e-mail within Hours giving me the name of their service dealer here in Aus & th avalibility of th Part & was told if I had any trouble just to contact them again & they would organise the Part for me ! Now whilst most people would take this for granted . To me it was a pleasent experiance to be dealing with a company of that magnitude & be given that sort of service! Top Marks I reckon !

Dave
    EXPERIANCE ........Is something you gt 5mins after you needed it

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Smile Service from Lyman

Recently I broke the turret bolt on my Lyman T-Mag press by abusing it by resizing brass that had been fired in a gun with excessive headspace, causing the shoulder to need to be set back. I got online and found a bolt for a T-Mag II, paid $4.00 + $4.00 shipping by debit card, and in three days had the wrong bolt. My fault, the T-Mag II is different. Put in a call to the service dept. toll free, and was assisted by a nice lady who was very knowledgeable, inquiring if I needed the bolt for the oldest model (5/8 plate) or the next model(3/4 plate). Then she told me that both parts were obsolete and she knew the 5/8 was no longer in stock, but thought there were still a few of the 3/4 ones, but just as I called the computers went down. She took my cell phone # and called me later to say that the computer showed none, but she would go downstairs and see if she couldn't find one. As this was late in the day, she called the next morning, to say she had found one and took my imformation to send it.This was on Friday, and she called on Monday to sat my debit card had been declined, (bank didn't know why, there was money in that acct.) so I gave her my credit card info. and the part is on the way. In my business and in our small town, we have to have things shipped in all the time. More often than not it is an exercise in frustration, with the wrong part, no part, lost part, forgot, I'll get back to you, NOT!, if there is ever any blip, end of the road! I had that ladys name but lost it, CRS disease, as I intended to let her company knowhow much I appreciated her efforts. Hopefully the envoice will id. her, if not I will still let Lyman know the have at least one employee that rates top of the list with me.
    Dale C.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

You know, I have always had a tendency to respond to a company when I had a problem with their products or service. When I was in business, it seemed like the only time I ever heard from my customers was when they had a problem. At that time, I was a commercial picture framer. One day out of the blue I got a letter from a rich little old lady for whom I had done an extremely complicated (and rather expensive) matting and framing job for about a year previously. She said in her letter "I just wanted to let you know how happy I am with the work you did for me. Every time I stop and look at the pictures of my children and grandchildren in the beautiful mat that you cut for all their different photos, it makes me so happy that it becomes difficult to speak. I know you would probably brush it off by saying how it is your job and that is what is expected of you, but that small thing for you makes me happy every day of my life. I often wonder how many other lives you have touched in this way, and if you knew, maybe you would come to better understand how much difference the little things we do can make in others' lives. Thank you."

The letter absolutely floored me. It was the only one of its kind I had ever recieved, and it was a long time ago, but the lesson it taught me has stayed with me. Whenever I can, when I find and use a product that I really like, or I am treated courteously and effectively by a company's CS rep, or someone performs a vital service for me (like the doctor who spent all night with me in an ICU when it was touch and go because he promised he'd let my wife & kids know immediately if they needed to come, or the mechanic that insists upon coming into work on a Sunday morning just to fix my only transportation that had broken down) I try to send a letter thanking them, personally if possible. Not a phone call or an email, but an actual hold-it-in-your-hand letter. Most of the time I get a reply, never a form letter, sometimes the company sends a gift (Shooters Choice once sent me a box containing one of each of their products and a handwritten note from the company's president). The next time I do business with them, I get the red carpet treatment. Part of being human is that we sometimes forget, but remembering how good it feels to be appreciated, we can rise above the excuse of a poor memory and make a difference to the people around us. You can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar.
    If I can see it, I can hit it. Now, where did I put my glasses?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

I whole heartedly wth you Blokes on this ! I always repay good service with spreading the word about the company & their Product ! The employees of these Companies who still remember Good Old fashioned service are worth a Hundred call centres ! Last week I decided to get a Chainsaw sharpening Guage (after many years of Blundering & a lot of Gestimation when sharpining the Chain !) THe first Gentleman I asked told me that I would have to bring my Chain saw in ,as they did'nt stock that Brand (this was despite the Fact looking over his shoulder I was looking at one ) I left the store in not the greatest of moods! When I had had time to think it over I thought to myself well I normally shop there & I would give them one last Chance ! I returned & spoke to another Sales man ,who fell over himself to ensure that I got the right guage ! I went straight to the Hardware stores Manager & explianed what had occured on the two occastions !
    He was somewhat shocked to have someone come & actualy praise his salesman ,as normaly people either complain or take it for granted the service that he expected his sales team to deliver ! AS for the first sales man I have a nastey feeling that he was going to be spoken to !!!

Dave

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Default Lyman service

Just an update to say part arrived on Saturday, Great service! The envoice didn't have the lady's name, wish it did. The people who I order my electrical supplies could use a dozen like her! By the way, the turret bolt this time was only $2.00 + $4.00 S&H. I sure couldn't make it for that!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Great news about the Bolt. Dale . You'll be up and going in no time at all ! Shame the ladies name was'nt on the invoice .

Dave

Beginner Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

My experience with Brian Enos (brianenos.com — we bought our Dillon 650XL from him) was very, very good.

Even though Dillon was backordered (it took eight months to get the last piece of my order), he walked me through the process and reassured me whenever the pressure got too high for me.

I can put up with poor customer service to save money, but even though the final price was great, the serivice was more than merely acceptable.
    All the best,
    Le Sellers