Beginner Reloader sara-josh@rcn.com's Avatar
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Default High Point Carbine

Has anyone bought and tried any of these yet? Ratings and reviews were good!!

Beginner Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

I`ve talked to several people that have owned them and there is some differences of oppention. Most say they funtion well and none say they are tack drivers, with some saying just through rock and you`ll get closer to you target. Most say they are what you should expect form a gun in their price range and are fun for going out and blasting, but never bet your life on one.

Beginner Reloader sara-josh@rcn.com's Avatar
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

So far 1" groups,open sights at 75 yrds,Rem 115 grn sp,seems I must have lucked up on one of the good ones.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Cool

I shot one of them in a "Hollywood Celebrity Shoot" carbine match back in the 90's, and scored 10 x 10! They are what they are - short range plinking and fun guns!

If you're planning on 1,000 yard competition, forget it. But if you want to have fun on the desert, or in the hills, I'd buy one (if I didn't already have a GI Carbine )!
    Regards,

WE

Beginner Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

I picked one up in .40 S&W in atrade for several guns. It sure ain't pretty, but it functions well with factory and cast reloads. I've put a couple of hundred rounds through it and never had a jam or failure to feed, but like I said it's not pretty.
    elbStJoeMO

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Welcome to the forum, elb, and belatedly to sara-josh. What kind of accuracy are you both seeing? I realize we're not talking about a 600yd match weapon here, but I'm curious as to what they're actually capable of at realistic ranges.
    If I can see it, I can hit it. Now, where did I put my glasses?

Beginner Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by sara-josh@rcn.com View Post
    Around here in Southern Ohio ( they make up north of here) we call them a " Tin Lizzy"

I have one that has been shoot so many times that they cheap plastic grips have shrank an I had to black taped just to keep em tight . I couldn't imagine really trying to shoot real close groups with it bit I can hit a coffe cup with any time I try. Reloads dont seem to shoot real consistant in it any more but winchester 9mls are only about 10 bucks a box at Wally World.

At $190 a pop they are about like shooting a 552 speedy shooter only with a lot more bang.

Its one of the funnest guns made to waste a lot of cheap ammo with and are a pretty good gun to carry out back at night to run of coyotes and any other low lifes of with.

Beginner Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by sara-josh@rcn.com View Post
    The local Gun Store is listing these for $169.00 in their flier that came in the Sunday Paper today. I have only seen them in a 9 mill though.

Beginner Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Default Hi Point Carbines

All of those who have not had one say I wouldn't trust my life on one have never shot one. I have fed every factory load out there, and I reload my own, and they always go bang. Lifetime guarantee, A pie plate is smaller than a man and up to 100 yards 100% hits.