Beginner Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Default Hello from up north....

G'day all,

I've been posting over at cast boolits for a little while now, and just realized that there were a couple more forums linked so here I am.

Well, for an intro, I'm 21 soon to be 22, have been shooting about 10 years and handloading for 5 or 6 of them. Lived in interior Alaska all my life. Knifemaker by trade, carpenter by way of paying the bills , own 4 guns; 2 revolvers, a pistol, and a .22 rifle.

My loading has been mostly helping my Dad with the 30-30, '06 and .357/.38, untill I got my 9mm a couple years ago, but I have realy picked it up seriously since I got my .45C. revolver last october.

I'm shy, I read a lot until I get to know a forum comunity, trying not to bother the regulars.

Looking forward to posting and learning here.

Gary.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Welcome Gary,
    We like to be bothered. It makes us think and look things up! I have learned more trying to answer difficult questions than almost any other way. Even the easy ones have so many answers that I always learn something new from other posters. So, bother away.
    If I can see it, I can hit it. Now, where did I put my glasses?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Welcome from down in the swamps.
    You might be a Redneck if you ever used a shotgun to trim your trees. :

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Default hello

Gary hello from Western Canada.
    Welcome to the sight.
    Ken.
    Ken.

Love to Live, Live to Shoot.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Welcome from the panhandle of Texas! Please feel free to bother away, a newbie may ask a question I never heard the answer to or thought of. Besides, some of us older coots could use the circulation boost from being "bothered".
    DALE

Beginner Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Don't worry, I'll have question, probably lots O' them...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Hey welcome neighbour good to have you aboard. Drop by on your way south sometime.

Take Care

Bob
    Virtus Junxit, Mors Non Separabit

Beginner Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Cool New Member......

Hello Just Joined Here Really Like It So Far! They Call Me Big Kev And Yes I Love To Shoot Big Bore Contenders,g/2's I Have A 375jdj Unported ,44mag Unported ,7/30 Waters ,14.5 Custom 45l/c From Coyote Guns,7mmtcu,
    16inch 223,2 Mdl 70's In .270&300 Win Mag Numerous Overs And Singels Shot Guns. I've Been Reloading Sinc I Was 16!i Have My Politicle Opinons But Keep Them To My Self! When I Come Here I Hope To Not Hear A Lot Of Back &forth About The Gov Both Side Are As Bad As The Other! So Lets Leave That World And Talk About This Gun Forum Stuff!!!anything I Can Help With On Loads Be Glade To Share With Ya !! Have A Good And Safe Shooting Time And For God Sakes Wear The Ear Protection.....
    Last edited by bigkev; 04-20-2007 at 03:29 PM. Reason: spelling

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

WHAT? Welcome Kevin.
    I thought I had an excess of Contender barrels.... You do like the odd ones, more fun. I just bought a brand new .223 Carbine barrel, but will not be able to shoot it until I get the right #$*&@##!!! forend. I think they do it just to piss me off. I have an older .30-30 that's new to me (with the proper forend) and I have been putting it through its paces with all of my .30 cal moulds - just loaded up 170's with three different powders after spending yesterday and today shooting 117's and 150's. Some promising loads, but haven't found the "one hole" combo yet. I suspect it will go for the heavy boolits, but there is a soupcan (Lee 117FNGC) load that shot less than 1" at 50yds (9/16ths, 5 shots). It's too slow to work well beyond 100yds, though. Still, it will be an awesome woodchuck killer. I have a couple more powders to try with it, but I have to do some more casting first.

The weather has finally been nice enough to get to the range, so I'm shooting while I can. We've had two nice days in a row after three weeks of serious weather. I had almost forgotten what a blue sky looked like. With any luck it won't snow again.....
    If I can see it, I can hit it. Now, where did I put my glasses?