Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TC shooters

Beginner Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Thumbs up TC shooters

Where are all the TC Shooters at,come on boys lets get this forum going. All TC shooters love to talk about there toys.What do you all shoot?

Beginner Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

I have an Encore with a 15" SSK barrel, SSK T'SOB mount, Leupold PRW rings, trigger job by SSK, Burris 3x12 scope, rifle forend, Caldwell prone bipod. Caliber is 7mm BR.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Welcome to the forum, guys.
    I shoot a Contender currently with .22lr, .30carb, and .357mag 10" barrels, a .30Herrett 14", and .30-30 & .223 Carbine barrels. I will be adding more Carbine barrels eventually, like a .35Rem and a wildcat .30/.223, and if the spirit moves me, I may have several more custom pistol barrels made, too. I sent my frame in to T/C about twenty years ago and they did a great trigger job on it and replaced the hammer assembly no charge. (They also tuned and fit a .223 barrel that was giving me trouble without charge, too, but it liked factory ammo and I couldn't find a handload it liked after trying fifteen different bullets and six different powders. I sold it to someone who doesn't handload and he loves it.) I have owned dozens of other barrels for it over the years, and I shudder to think how many thousands of rounds I have fired through it and how much game I have taken using it.
    If I can see it, I can hit it. Now, where did I put my glasses?

Beginner Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

I have contender and g2 frame with 7tcu 14" and 10" ,444 marlin 10" 300 whisper ssk 15".One encore frame with tc custom 300 win mag with muzzle tamer after load developement will be ordering burris 3X12 ballistic plex.Barrel and frame stainless had it about 2 weeks now.

Beginner Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Default trigger

Forgot did my own trigger with parts from Mike Bellm well worth the money.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

I have a 15 inch Encore pistol that's a 30/06....

Beginner Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Cool t/c shooter

i have a 7/30waters,7mmt/cu,223,44mag,35rem,375jdj g/2,new coyote guns 14"45l/c.....and it will keep growing as the play fund grows.......
    bigkev
    if you can read this thank a teacher
    if you can read this in english thank a vet......

Avid Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by bigkev View Post
    i have a 7/30waters,7mmt/cu,223,44mag,35rem,375jdj g/2,new coyote guns 14"45l/c.....and it will keep growing as the play fund grows.......
    HEY B.K I TOO HAVE A FEW T.CS I HAVEA22 ,357 44 30-30 35REMINGTON
    ALSO I HAVE 3 XP100 2ARE CONCITIVE #IN 35 REM ONE IN 223
    DONT SHOOT THEM ANY MORE AS I HEVE FOUND BLACKPOWDER THIS BLACKPOWDER IS HABIT FORMING SO IF YOUPLAN TO SHOOT B.P./ GET ALL YOUR SMOKLESS SHOOTING DONE BECAUSEYOU WONT GO BACK

TESTHOP

Beginner Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Default Encore 460

I have this gun. Encore, 460 S&W, 12-1/2 in. bbl. Standard grip and forend. I thought it may be to much for me at first, but now it is just fine. At 73 years old I can handle it. Using th 44 Mag bbl. last year, got my first shot with a pistol since I have been hunting,(194 Got the doe at 85 yards. Season opens this Fri, Hope to get my second shot, and third, and fourth, ETC. I am having no luck at all so far getting other folks to answer my questions concerning this gun. Surely I am not the only one who owns one. I would like to communicate with someone who does. Please drop me a line. Grandbow

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Bought one today with a 22 Remington Mag 10" barrel. Know to get the dies from C&H to reload and form the brass. 357 Mag necked down to 22.
    Ken
    Ken.

Love to Live, Live to Shoot.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Welcome grandbow.
    I don't know a lot about the 460S&W. It's a longer 450 Cassul isn't it? It's weird how a round like 45-70 will kick like a mule in a light rifle, but the same load in an even lighter handcannon is managable. I fired a 500 S&W figuring it would really hurt, but it was a pussycat compared to what I had imagined and I was hitting 100yd targets with it easily. What are you loading in your 460 and what powders have you tried?
    kodiak1,
    Do you mean a 22 Rem Jet? I have always wondered how it would do in a Contender, especially compared to a round like the 221 Fireball. A friend had one of the S&W m53 revolvers, but it never worked right unless he used really light loads in it. He got disgusted and sold it for cheap. I know now he should have kept it - they have substantial collector value today and he could have had himself a bunch of Contender barrels.

Beginner Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

At the present I am using H110, 44 grns, behind a barnes XTP 275 gr. At 50 yards the group is 1-1/2 or under, using a burris 2-7 electro dot. After hunting season I may try something else.

Beginner Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak1 View Post
    Bought one today with a 22 Remington Mag 10" barrel. Know to get the dies from C&H to reload and form the brass. 357 Mag necked down to 22.
    Ken
    What you refer to above is nothing more than a 221 Fireball rimmed. There are several floating around where I live. I have made a few pices of brass and suggest you anneal BEFORE necking them down and then you may need to do it again. Virgin brass is the only way to go and I suggest Starline. You also need to watch neck thickness on this as you are moving a lot brass. The ones that I have seen for sale locally were all reamed to accept unturned necks. This has back fired as they become brittle and crack after a couple of reloads.
    I have been bitten by the TC bug for several years.
    22 match
    22 magnum
    221 fireball
    6-223
    6TCU
    7TCU
    7-30 Waters
    30-20
    30-30
    357 magnum
    35 Remington rimmed-30-40 or 303 Brit as parent case
    375 Winchester
    44 magnum
    45-70 Gov't

The above are all for the COntender/G2.
    I have narrowed the heard down quite a bit for the Encore, no, actually a bunch. I am down to one caliber for that one.
    308 Winchester

That barrel is by far the best shooter, in a factory chambering, in any TC product I have ever owned. Boring to the tune of under 1" at 100M all day, then at 200M it will stay at 2" easily and better with the right handloads. I have shot no lite loads in the 308. I bought it with the plans of a hunting rig and that is all it has shot. I have shot sevral 40 round IHMSA matches with it all 40x40 scores. The caliber and loads used are way more than what is needed for this game today. The recoil of a bench session is not bad. The 40 round matches will take their toll on you after the first 20 or so.
    Yes there are other calibers out there that may shoot farther and flatter. But I thought they called it hunting and not killing. It is all in shot placement and practice practice.
    Jeff

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Default Tc

Yes it is a 22 Remington Jet.
    Got my dancing fat fingers going faster than my brain.
    I spotted Brass on Buffalo Arms but I don't know if the US Government will let me import it to Canada may have to build it.
    Thanks Ken.
    Ken.

Beginner Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

2 frames and 12 barrels :P

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Welcome tclover, make yourself at home.
    Which barrels do you have?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

What is the differences between the Contender and the Contender G2?
    The barrels will interchange won't they?
    Ken.
    Ken.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Like the Encore, the G2 doesn't have the fantastic adjustable trigger of the original Contenders and you don't have to break the action open to recock the new ones, either. It's a case of giving up the best and the worst feature, so I have very mixed feelings about that. The frames are slightly different, so grips/stocks won't interchange. Barrels will interchange still, except the G2 M/L barrel can't be used on the old frames, and the forends won't all interchange as the new carbine barrels are of larger diameter. I don't have any new handgun barrels, so I'm not sure if they have the same problem. But, T/C has made different diameters and octagonals in the past that required different forends, so while a PITA, it's not a new thing for them. I'm not running right out to get a G2 frame, but I might consider buying one if the right deal came along and bit me.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Okay after getting the 22 Rem I got a good buy on a brand new 30 Herriett Barrel with sights and dies for the Contender so I scooped it. I recieve it knock the pin out of the 22 Rem barrel and install the 30H barrel fit easy and nice, closed smooth, but can not get it to open with out pulling the pin and fiddling with it till it comes apart.
    Any of you old hands with the TC's tell what I got or what I am doing wrong?
    Thanks Ken.
    Ken.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by grandbow View Post
    At the present I am using H110, 44 grns, behind a barnes XTP 275 gr. At 50 yards the group is 1-1/2 or under, using a burris 2-7 electro dot. After hunting season I may try something else.

I ain't so sure I want to hold a load like that. I don't think my elbow would take it!Kinda leaves my .480 with 22 gr. of H110 and a 400 grain bullet out in the cold!